• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blacks and anayltics

Read it this morning after being urged to by five or six different people. One of the dumbest articles I've read in a long time. I read the last sentence that Doofus posted above at least 25 times. We covered that garbage in the first two weeks of my high school stats class. Wilbon wouldn't have succeeded.

The point of the article isn't to say that #advancedstats aren't helpful or wouldn't be useful. He's saying amongst the black community they don't discuss them conversationally when talking to each other. As a #sportsmathnerd, you may have missed that, and I may get it cause I've listened to about 10 hours of sports radio on the article by now, but his first sentence is his point. Blacks don't talk stats.

The part where rj says that the blacks don't understand math.

Continues a long-standing trend of thinly veiled racism. Makes you wonder

2n7gi87.jpg

The point of the article isn't to say that #advancedstats aren't helpful or wouldn't be useful. He's saying amongst the black community they don't discuss them conversationally when talking to each other. As a #sportsmathnerd, you may have missed that, and I may get it cause I've listened to about 10 hours of sports radio on the article by now, but his first sentence is his point. Blacks don't talk stats.

He may be right, but I don't think most fans in general talk stats to a significant degree, regardless of race. It just so happens that the small subset of those who do (quasi-jobless millenials who want to overemphasize their education to prove to themselves that they actually got something in exchange for their suicidal debtload) is the same subset of the general population who fills up the internet with look-at-me articles and blogs and posts and tweets. But most sports fans just talk about sports with their buddies, so their discussions don't have the same public and cached platform.

He may be right, but I don't think most fans in general talk stats to that degree, regardless of race. It just so happens that the small subset of those who do (quasi-jobless millenials who want to overemphasize their education to prove to themselves that they actually got something in exchange for their suicidal debtload) is the same subset of the general population who fills up the internet with look-at-me articles and blogs and posts and tweets. But most sports fans just talk about sports with their buddies, so their discussions don't have the same public and cached platform.

I can't figure out if 2&2 is a parody of BKF, BKF is a parody of 2&2, or they're both parodies of buckets.

He may be right, but I don't think most fans in general talk stats to a significant degree, regardless of race. It just so happens that the small subset of those who do (quasi-jobless millenials who want to overemphasize their education to prove to themselves that they actually got something in exchange for their suicidal debtload) is the same subset of the general population who fills up the internet with look-at-me articles and blogs and posts and tweets. But most sports fans just talk about sports with their buddies, so their discussions don't have the same public and cached platform.

This is actually one of 2&2's better posts and the underlying theme he is laying out is most likely correct.

Back