• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Board Fundraising Suggestions

You should auction things off that get donated. A lock of Gabes hair, bkf journal, plama cargo shorts, RJ and Deac76 completed stats homework.

The ban and negrep ideas are bad ideas. If the point is to get more board traffic in the long run, that's not going to do it. It'll only alienate posters who are likely to be your most loyal patrons.

I think the same enticements as the first fundraiser are sufficient. People appreciate the board enough to fork out $50 or whatever every couple of years. This is a board for Wake alumni, after all, who are usually pretty well off. Set a goal for $ raised and provide updates and it'll get there.

I agree. Giving that kind of power will not end well at all, something akin to giving kindergartners the ability to give classmates grades and detentions, and will certainly chill free speech to some extent. I know this comes as a surprise, but one or two of the posters on this board can be a little childish and can lose their cool over a spirited debate, a few adult beverages and a Wake loss at times..... Shock, I know. I am happy to send in some money.

Wait, that is a great way to raise funds for our next billboard and plane banner. Anyone have contact info to see how much it would cost to fly a banner to raise funds for a billboard?

Back