• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Board of Trustees question

Thanks to the douchebag for the anon neg rep "your stupidity is impressive." I'll hit you back with "your cowardly anonymous rep was impressive in it's lack of creativity and vacuousness of thought."

ETA: I think it is fair to argue some of my points, as is often done on message boards, but to call me or my opinions stupid is uninteresting.

Last edited:
Thanks to the douchebag for the anon neg rep "your stupidity is impressive." I'll hit you back with "your cowardly anonymous rep was impressive in it's lack of creativity and vacuousness of thought."

I'll do it for you.

Ph-

What do you realistically expect from our football program on a yearly basis?

Smart coaching that makes the best use of the talent we have and players who play smart and hard every play.

Given that we play a bad to mediocre schedule every year, that should consistently result in a good number of wins.

Smart coaching that makes the best use of the talent we have and players who play smart and hard every play.

Given that we play a bad to mediocre schedule every year, that should consistently result in a good number of wins.

Since we are investing so much money in the head coach and his assistants and facilities, I would expect winning seasons. Can't say I would think we should do 9-3 every year but better than 3-9. We do 7-5 and go to a bowl and win, that is good. But as bad as the ACC is right now, we need to make strides like we did in 2006 & 2007.

Let's face it, Duke, MD, BC are bad, UNC-Ch has been transitioning for years, State has been at best a 8-4 to 7-5 team with a decent coach, FSU had an aging Bowden, Clemson is Klempsun, Miami ain't Jimmy Johnson's U, we only have to play GT & VT twice every 4 years. Vandy is the same as us, we have Army coming up now for a while, Liberty next year, GW last year & Presby last season. And 70 teams out of 105 make it to a bowl game

Anyone here have connections with some deep pocket board of trustee members? I got to believe there has to be frustrations with Wellman buzz and Hatch. I have heard some rumblings about Hatch, but I can't believe what Wellman has done to the basketball program. I can't imagine 3000 people for games rest of the year, except duke and unc. those should be nice away games for the deacs.

I know 20 guys who never use to miss a game, that didn't even watch the game today. To me that is a big problem.

I thought I'd send this back to the top for another view - and possibly a response?

I thought I'd send this back to the top for another view - and possibly a response?

Thanks thedeac,

I was really hoping someone here could dish on some good behind the scenes ass chewing of Wellman and/or Hatch. I guess it is true they have autonomy to burn the hoops program to the ground. Maybe they will change the mascot to the Phoenix!

Thanks thedeac,

I was really hoping someone here could dish on some good behind the scenes ass chewing of Wellman and/or Hatch. I guess it is true they have autonomy to burn the hoops program to the ground. Maybe they will change the mascot to the Phoenix!

Jesus. Thats about all i have besides your terrible anti-wellman posts, which are redic. Carry own if you must though.

So we have trouble beating better teams at the end of the season. How is that a good thing?

Either way, our schedule in the last half the season throughout Grobe's tenure is pretty bad.

We don't beat these good teams because our offense gets shut down late in the year, just like 2006 dream season. Crap offense and now we add the wedding.

We lose 4 offensive line starters and our defensive ends project to be not much of a playmaker Thompson and very green Floyd. We might get killed at the point of attack next year. So, things could be interesting next year if we don't reach our goals of keeping it close until the 4th quarter and winning 6 games.

I am SHOCKED that no one has come forward with a detailed account of the interactions between our Board of Trustees members and Hatch/Wellman.

Since we are investing so much money in the head coach and his assistants and facilities, I would expect winning seasons. Can't say I would think we should do 9-3 every year but better than 3-9. We do 7-5 and go to a bowl and win, that is good. But as bad as the ACC is right now, we need to make strides like we did in 2006 & 2007.

Let's face it, Duke, MD, BC are bad, UNC-Ch has been transitioning for years, State has been at best a 8-4 to 7-5 team with a decent coach, FSU had an aging Bowden, Clemson is Klempsun, Miami ain't Jimmy Johnson's U, we only have to play GT & VT twice every 4 years. Vandy is the same as us, we have Army coming up now for a while, Liberty next year, GW last year & Presby last season. And 70 teams out of 105 make it to a bowl game

We finished tied for third this past football season. Not bad.

Back