• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bob Horner

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
Still alive.

bob-horner---june-6---2.jpg

It was a big deal when he hit those 4 HRs in a game. He was the first guy in a decade to do it. And of course the Braves lost the game as I recall.

loved me some bob horner and claudell washington.

Claudell was always good for rushing the mound leading off the bottom of the first inning.

Was going to make a joke about Pascual Perez still driving around the Atlanta interstates, but I see that he was murdered several years ago. That sucks.

Heck yeah, I used to could name the whole Braves roster back in those days.

Horner, Claudell, Raphael Ramirez, Glenn Hubbard, Chris Chambliss, Bruce Benedict, Dale Murphy, Rick Camp (?), et al. Good times.

Rick Mahler started 39 games in 1985 and again in 1986. That's taking the ball every 4th game without exception for two straight years. Nobody does anything close to that these days.

No NL pitcher (and only 1 AL pitcher, knuckleballer Charlie Hough) has started more games in a season over the last 40 years. Unfortunately Rick Mahler is no longer with us. He passed away (heart attack) in 2005 at age 51.

614hxsn-XLL._AC_SL1102_.jpg

Brett Butler is the missing OF

That’s the one.

And Rick Mahler, yep. And Perez; was unaware of that.

I have no idea why I remember the pitcher named Camp or if Rick was even his first name.

That’s the one.

And Rick Mahler, yep. And Perez; was unaware of that.

I have no idea why I remember the pitcher named Camp or if Rick was even his first name.

You remember Rick Camp because he was the last man standing in an 18-inning game on July 4th and had to bat for himself. He of course hit a home run to tie the game at around 3:30 am.

Camp was something like a 0.060 career hitter, and that was his only home run.

Camp also passed away a few years ago.

by the way, Camp gave up 5 runs in the 19th and the Braves lost, 16-13, after scoring two more runs in the 19th. Camp again came to bat in the 19th as the potential tying run but struck out to end the game.

Back