• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bob McKillop/Davidson question

Deac on

Reaction score
Davidson destroyed VCU last night and will likely finish first in the A-10. Was McKillop offered the Wake job when Dino was canned?

i dont think so but gregg marshall was

McKillop has done an amazing job at Davidson this year. Preseason rankings had them projected to finish 12th(out of 14 teams) in the conference.

McKillop is an absolute legend.

That's about all I have to say.

Mckillop has been offered and turned down bigger jobs than Wake

he probably just really likes living in davidson

Seems like he would've been a really good fit for Wake.

davidson is better than winston-salem by a factor of roughly 7391

Mckillop has been offered and turned down bigger jobs than Wake

I'm sure he has been offered "bigger" jobs. But he elected to stay at a small, academically elite school in North Carolina.

The guy won 20 games 4 out of his first 15 years at Davidson, but that did lead to 6 first place finishes in those 15 years (albeit in the Big South/Southern Conference).

He has definitely done an incredible job the last 11 years, but I'm not sure there was a time when it would have made sense for Wake to hire him. When Coach Prosser died, he had made 3 NCAAs in 18 years. When Coach Gaudio and Coach fuckface were fired, he was 59 and 63 years old, respectively.

McKillop's son who played for his Dad is now an assistant under him at Davidson. Would not be surprised if Matt takes over when Bob retires.

Seems like he would've been a really good fit for Wake.

Not really, at least not under our leadership in the Athletic Department. A sibling of mine was an assistant at Davidson (not men's BB) and often remarked how McKillop was a dictator over athletics. This wasn't a complaint, just simply an observation. Basically, there are not a lot of situations where he would have as much power as he does at Davidson.

The guy won 20 games 4 out of his first 15 years at Davidson, but that did lead to 6 first place finishes in those 15 years (albeit in the Big South/Southern Conference).

He has definitely done an incredible job the last 11 years, but I'm not sure there was a time when it would have made sense for Wake to hire him. When Coach Prosser died, he had made 3 NCAAs in 18 years. When Coach Gaudio and Coach fuckface were fired, he was 59 and 63 years old, respectively.

You basically had to win the SoCo conference tourney to go dancing back then. The 20 game marker is a bit misleading since Davidson wasn't scheduling cupcakes for their OOC schedule. They were scheduling ACC schools to prep them for their conference run.

Who was the coach prior to McKillop back when Derek Rucker was playing for them? I remember they played and beat ND one year on national TV. That was a big deal for the Cats.

Davidson destroyed VCU last night and will likely finish first in the A-10. Was McKillop offered the Wake job when Dino was canned?

Not sure if we offered McKillop, but I'm pretty sure Bobby Lutz removed his name from consideration.

Mckillop will never leave davidson

Back