• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bob McKillop/Davidson question

Who was the coach prior to McKillop back when Derek Rucker was playing for them? I remember they played and beat ND one year on national TV. That was a big deal for the Cats.

Bobby Hussey. After he was let go at Davidson I know he was an assistant at Clemson for a while. He passed away a few years ago (I believe from cancer).

You basically had to win the SoCo conference tourney to go dancing back then. The 20 game marker is a bit misleading since Davidson wasn't scheduling cupcakes for their OOC schedule. They were scheduling ACC schools to prep them for their conference run.

Including a win over Wake in the post-Duncan days.

Mckillop is a fantastic coach. This has been documented.

You must've schooled me Racin.

Davidson only with 55 points in the first half and a 22-point lead on the road tonight

Davidson clinches the Atlantic 10 regular season title outright with a 107-78 win at Duquesne. The Cats shot 20-36 from three point range and had 35 assists on 40 field goals. The 20 threes are a school record for a single game.

I remember that game: it wasn't on tv so we listened on the radio -- it went to overtime and we didn't even break 50.

That was the low point of the year we won the NIT if I recall. I think we were like 2-6 in the ACC around when we lost that game, and then got hot the 2nd half, finished 7-9, had decent ACC tourney and won the NIT.

I think it was the year before we won the NIT, Arinze was still on the team I believe.

Back