• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boeheim on beating Pitt

Syracuse is my #3 most hated conf. school behind Carolina and Duke. I hope we have a good home crowd for that asshat to enjoy.

I am sure Jim will have no objections to cashing the checks Syracuse got for football bowl games, TV revenues, etc... Something tells me economically it was a good move.

Ironically, I got into a near fight with a 'Cuse fan about 8 years ago at our boat dock when I suggested Syracuse must have been disappointed not to be invited into the ACC back then... I remember one of his rants was how Syracuse would never join the ACC as long as Jim B was around because Jim B wouldn't allow it. So, maybe he is just upset his opinion didn't matter...

I just don't understand why kids with NBA aspirations go to Syracuse. You learn the ins and the outs of a zone defense that you will rarely if ever play in the NBA. Other than Carmello, name a Cuse player over the last decade plus that has done anything on the NBA level? MCW started out hot but the kid has no jumper and has been absolute crap the last month +.

Syracuse is my #3 most hated conf. school behind Carolina and Duke. I hope we have a good home crowd for that asshat to enjoy.

Growing up in the Northeast, I have grown to despise Syracuse. Jimmy B is a hell of a coach but I can't stand him and that program.

I'd take 2 more years with JB, I think the ACC has reinvigorated him.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to two more years with Jeff [Redacted]..........what, that's not the JB you were referring to?

Ha, as if he was ever one to mince words to "make friends". Also I thought he was asked or was referring to the style of play/recent history of the rivalry. It is hard to talk too much shit about your current conference when you former conference basically collapsed and you were lucky to get out when you did.

I'd take 2 more years with JB, I think the ACC has reinvigorated him.

Yeah I agree.

Boeheim wasn't wasn't taking a shot at the ACC. He was simply making a comment about how the intensity and style of play of that particular game was very similar to Big East games in the past between those 2 programs. People shouldn't read into it any more than that. Boeheim has consistently had great things to say about the ACC and Syracuse's place in it.

No, we need them so that we don't completely suck as a conference. I welcome our new overlords. They at least play watchable basketball.

That is certainly true. Without them, our conference RPI is horrible.

Back