• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boehner Stepping Down at End of October

NC Rep. Walter Jones embarrassing himself right now on NPR. Can't stand long time politicians complaining about money in Washington.

I had no idea there is a Freedom Caucus and a Liberty Caucus. Even the Tea Party is divided.

Last edited:
I had no idea there is a Freedom Caucus and a Liberty Caucus. Even the Tea Party is divided.

The Freedom Caucus is basically Sean Hannity's wet dream. I got stuck listening to his radio show for 10 minutes last week and heard him reference the Freedom Caucus about 20 times.

Not sure. Jones just said he's a member of the Liberty Caucus and between both there are 50-60 members. If they combined, they could swing the Speaker election.

I heard Boehner karaokes all of Jason Aldean's songs to say sane.

Now, they've pulled him back in. He's delaying his exit.

He needs to tell them they need to pick somebody by his original date of Oct 30 and he's going Trick or Treating regardless.

He needs to tell them they need to pick somebody by his original date of Oct 30 and he's going Trick or Treating regardless.

Does that matter to the bomb tosses who are just as happy to see the government shut down?

My Pub friend is really excited about this. Thinks its a great day for the party

McCarthy allegedly had 200 of the 218 votes he needed. Paul Ryan might be able to get to 218, but he doesn't want the job. Tea Party has 47 votes. Boehner stays, Tea Party caves, or the GOP has to give the Dems something major to get the votes needed to elect a new Speaker. Can't see Tea Party caving, but they can't get the 170 additional votes they need.

From two days ago:

Speaker John Boehner, who plans to leave office a day before Halloween, told a group of Republican colleagues last week he had an awful nightmare.

“I had this terrible nightmare last night that I was trying to get out and I couldn’t get out,” the Ohio Republican joked, according to one of his longtime friends, Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.). “And a hand came reaching, pulling me.”

Link

Back