• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boehner Stepping Down at End of October

Our second-best President ever campaigned for re-election on a platform of "Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me--and I welcome their hatred."

Its not going to matter. You can keep telling yourself that it is, but it really isnt. I mean we care, because we are political nerds, but no one in the general population cares or is even thinking about this.

Did you see the cheer the crowd gave when Rubio told the crowd at his rally Boehner was stepping down. People care.

That was people who cared enough about politics to show up to hear Marco Rubio speak at the Values Voters Summit over a year before the election.

That was people who cared enough about politics to show up to hear Marco Rubio speak at the Values Voters Summit over a year before the election.

This, and not liking boehner is different than cer my politically about who his replacement is. Whenever the replacement is chosen 95% of the public is going to think "I don't know much about him...let's see what he does". The only guy that would make an impact would be Paul Ryan and I think he would be a net positive as he is generally liked among Conservatives.

which is kinda hilarious considering she's center right and hawkish as fuck

Although now she's apparently anti free trade after she and Bubba were pro free trade during his presidency. Tough choices indeed.

Although now she's apparently anti free trade after she and Bubba were pro free trade during his presidency. Tough choices indeed.

She's just staking out a relatively benign anti-Obama position to try and distance herself from him.

She's just staking out a relatively benign anti-Obama position to try and distance herself from him.

Sure, but she literally just published a memoir defending what was, per no less an authority than Paul Krugman, a significantly worse draft of the TTP than the final agreement.

Renee throwin that NC pootie and effing up the process.

Oh ya baybee

55257853a5da0.image.jpg

Looks like Ryan will end up being Speaker. He stared down the crazies and won. Good political move on his end. The GOP needs him more than the tea baggers.

Given his budgets' reliance on magic asterisks, I'm not sure he's got the math skills to count votes any better than Boehner did.

Looks like Ryan will end up being Speaker. He stared down the crazies and won. Good political move on his end. The GOP needs him more than the tea baggers.

Only nine Tea Baggers voted against Ryan-total capitulation. POTUS is still an uphill battle, but no pointless show votes over the next next year enhances their chances.

Thought Ryan wouldn't do it unless the vote was unanimous.

Only nine Tea Baggers voted against Ryan-total capitulation. POTUS is still an uphill battle, but no pointless show votes over the next next year enhances their chances.

i wouldn't bet on that. i think he gave in to some of their demands to open up the committee process and allow them to make floor amendments, etc. We'll still see plenty of crazy out of the House.

Has this cost Republicans 2,345 seats in the House yet?

Back