• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bogues Wake Photo among the 100 funniest per SI

MikeDeac

Reaction score
The picture of him amidst the team holding a ruler is pretty funny. Still think the Bol pic is best.

At least post it. Most here weren't born when it was taken.

e08f06e67a737348471674621d37f21f.jpg

That poster adorned my wall as a kid. Muggsy is still one of the few heroes I have.

Awesome, down to earth guy - talked to him for about 15 minutes at the PGA tournament in Charlotte about 5 years back. He saw my Wake hat and immediately struck up a conversation. You have to admire the perseverance and diligence of a 5' 3" man who made such an amazing impact on the basketball floor, both in college and the NBA.

Muggsy is one of the most positive people you'll ever meet. He's a great ambassador for the sport of basketball.

I never had that poster but had a one of him tipping in a basket. Still wish I had that one and the Supreme Court Justice one that had RR on it. Who else was on that poster?

Muggsy is one of the most positive people you'll ever meet. He's a great ambassador for the sport of basketball.

Yup. I have met him a few times and each time I almost didn't want to. I hold him in such high regard I don't want the real person to crush the image in my head. Each time I walked away with an even higher opinion.

I love the pic of him guarding Len Bias right up on him looking up with Bias looking down holding the ball over his head.

Edit - looks like it was MJ not Bias.

Last edited:
I never had that poster but had a one of him tipping in a basket. Still wish I had that one and the Supreme Court Justice one that had RR on it. Who else was on that poster?

I want to say McQueen, Trelonnie, Scooter, King, Tucker... was Chill on it too? Wasn't that the year he missed?

I remember Muggs coming back to campus when he was playing in Charlotte once. He had a huge Benz and the backseat had been replaced by a sub box. Thing was seismic.

Awesome, down to earth guy - talked to him for about 15 minutes at the PGA tournament in Charlotte about 5 years back. He saw my Wake hat and immediately struck up a conversation. You have to admire the perseverance and diligence of a 5' 3" man who made such an amazing impact on the basketball floor, both in college and the NBA.

Well yea.

I had that photo of the Wake team in my dorm room at Mother So Dear.

I still like the old school uni's! :thumbsup:

Shit, I think that poster is the one thing the internet doesn't have archived. Can't find it anywhere.

I want to say McQueen, Trelonnie, Scooter, King, Tucker... was Chill on it too? Wasn't that the year he missed?

I remember Muggs coming back to campus when he was playing in Charlotte once. He had a huge Benz and the backseat had been replaced by a sub box. Thing was seismic.

Medlin and Odom were definitely on it as were Childress, King, McQueen, Rogers and Tucker. Can't remember if Owens and Scooter were.

Those unis are sharp. Alot more gold than the tan things that NIKE gives us. Somebody send this to DM !

Yup. That is what "old gold" is supposed to look like.

Yup. That is what "old gold" is supposed to look like.

Not really. Old Gold is practically tan. Our current uniforms are actually "old gold", at least the accents on the standard home/away unis.

One of my favorite days ever at Wake was when Mugsy stopped by to play pickup ball. Made you feel like you were moving through quicksand.

Back