• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bonnaroo Lineup Announced

Been twice (08 and 12) and had a blast both times. Would go again this year, were I not getting married a week before. Will most likely try and go next year if I can. The lineup this year is fantastic, and I'm a little jealous.

Reactions: BDL
Sweet lineup this year

PAUL McCARTNEY •MUMFORD & SONS •TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS •BJÖRK WILCO •PRETTY LIGHTS •R. KELLY •WU-TANG CLAN •DANIEL TOSH •THE NATIONAL THE LUMINEERS •DAVID BYRNE & ST. VINCENT •PASSION PIT •THE XX KENDRICK LAMAR •GRIZZLY BEAR •ANIMAL COLLECTIVE •OF MONSTERS AND MEN SOUL SUPERJAM FT. JIM JAMES WITH JOHN OATES, ZIGABOO MODELISTE, AND PRESERVATION HALL JAZZ BAND! ED HELMS' BLUEGRASS SITUATION SUPERJAM WITH SPECIAL GUESTS •NAS •ZZ TOP BEACH HOUSE •MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS •CAT POWER EDWARD SHARPE AND THE MAGNETIC ZEROES •A$AP ROCKY •JIM JAMES "WEIRD AL" YANKOVIC •TAME IMPALA •BOYS NOIZE •GLEN HANSARD •GOV'T MULE THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM •PORTUGAL. THE MAN •WOLFGANG GARTNER •BILLY IDOL SAM BUSH & DEL MCCOURY •DWIGHT YOAKAM •FOALS •PORTER ROBINSON LOCAL NATIVES •MATT & KIM •DIRTY PROJECTORS •TROMBONE SHORTY JOHN MCLAUGHLIN AND THE 4TH DIMENSION •NOAM PIKELNY & FRIENDS AMADOU & MARIAM •ALT-J •FATHER JOHN MISTY •BARONESS THE TALLEST MAN ON EARTH •WALK THE MOON •PRESERVATION HALL JAZZ BAND A-TRAK •EARL SWEATSHIRT •THE VACCINES •PAPER DIAMOND •HOLY GHOST! DIVINE FITS •MIKE BIRBIGLIA •PURITY RING •SWANS •FRANK TURNER •BIG K.R.I.T. ALLEN STONE •CULTS •LEE FIELDS & THE EXPRESSIONS •FATOUMATA DIAWARA TWO GALLANTS •THE SHEEPDOGS •FOUR TET •CALEXICO •JAPANDROIDS DEATH GRIPS •CONSPIRATOR •WILD NOTHING •ARAABMUZIK •JOHN FULLBRIGHT DJANGO DJANGO •HAIM •KILLER MIKE •ARIEL PINK'S HAUNTED GRAFFITI ACTION BRONSON •CLOCKWORK •TWENTY | ONE | PILOTS •REPTAR •DIIV MILO GREENE •LORD HURON •FUTUREBIRDS •JASON ISBELL & THE 400 UNIT CHARLI XCX •JEFF THE BROTHERHOOD •DREW HOLCOMB AND THE NEIGHBORS SEA WOLF •JD MCPHERSON •TRIXIE WHITLEY •DEAP VALLY •PATRICK WATSON NICKI BLUHM & THE GRAMBLERS •THE STEPKIDS •AOIFE O'DONOVAN •BOMBINO BERNHOFT •MATTHEW E. WHITE
MORE ARTISTS TO BE ANNOUNCED!

Thanks to my friend making an awesome and ever increasing Spotify playlist which I call "Bands with incredibly stupid names" I know over half of these bands.

If you asked me if I knew Jeff the Brotherhood, I could say yes.

<----Gold star!

Went last year and had a blast. Will try to make it again depending on funds

Wow, lots of great bands -- I am surprised. I haven't been since 2005.

JIM JAMES WITH JOHN OATES

i didn't know that was a thing

Because I'm bored....what I would do I think without factoring in things like eating and stage locations. Skipping Thursday because it already happened and there's no point

FRIDAY
12:30 - 1:30 Trombone Shorty
1:45 - 2:45 Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
3:30 - 4:45 Of Monsters and Men
4:30 - 5:30 Passion Pit
5:30 - 6:45 Grizzly Bear
6:30 - 8:00 Wilco
7:30 - 9:00 Wu-Tang Clan
9:00 - 11:30 Paul McCartney (but in reality, something else for most of it since EVERYBODY will be there)
11:30 - 1:00 Wolfgang Gartner
1:30 - 3:00 Porter Robinson

SATURDAY
12:30 - 1:30 Clockwork
2:45 - 4:15 Gov't Mule
4:00 - 5:15 Portugal. The Man
5:00 - 6:15 Nas
7:00 - 8:30 Bjork! (okay maybe not really, A-Trak from 7:15-8:45....would be interesting though)
8:15 - 9:30 The Lumineers
9:30 - 11:30 Mumford & Sons
11:30 - 1:00 R. Kelly
1:00 - 2:00 Rock n' Soul Dance Party Superjam!
2:00 - 3:00 Empire of the Sun
2:30 - 4:00 Boys Noize

SUNDAY
1:00 - 1:30 John Oates
1:30 - 2:30 Action Bronson
2:30 - 3:30 Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
2:45 - 4:00 David Cross ft. James Admoian
4:30 - 5:30 Holy Ghost!
5:30 - 6:45 Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros or 5:45 - 6:45 Sam Bush & Del McCoury
6:30 - 8:00 The National
7:30 - 9:00 David Byrne & St. Vincent
9:00 - 11:00 Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

There really aren't other shows going on during the What stage headliners...other than like the movie tent and maybe a DJ. Some of the latenight sets start up towards the end, though.

I was really jealous about missing this year because I've always wanted to see Paul, but I'm seeing him at Nats Park next month, so it's all good.

For those going, I would add a few that aren't on JDawg's list that might be worth checking out:

Friday
Local Natives
Foals/Big K.R.I.T. (they're playing during Grizzly Bear, which is a tough call, but GB is better indoors with heavily controlled acoustics in my experience)
I don't know Wolfgang Gartner, but that Superjam looks SILLY

Saturday
Cults (don't know Clockwork, but Cults would be worth a look)
Lord Huron
Four Tet (Portugal the Man and Tallest Man on Earth are both tremendous options, but I wouldn't miss Four Tet for the world. my favorite electronic artist.)
Beach House (though Bjork is quite a spectacle live)
Mumfords canceled, so I'd go Preservation Hall unless they promote another (almost certainly better) headliner in mumford's place

Sunday
Kacey Musgraves (it's straight up pop country, but her album is awesome)
Delta Rae
Baroness/Wild Nothing
I'd go to Swans over anything else, but if you did Baroness > Swans, your ears would never work again

Just an incredible lineup overall. Remarkable how much it has changed since I went in '06.

Just an incredible lineup overall.

Yup....always hard when like three artists you're interested in play at the same time. Just have to accept the fact that you might miss some really, really good sets.

Back