• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Booing [Redacted]

Joshwake2013

Reaction score
Im not going to another wake game until [Redacted] is fired but my question is has anyone ever heard someone boo [Redacted] this year? (introduction, walking out of tunnel, walking back to locker room)

Im not going to another wake game until [Redacted] is fired but my question is has anyone ever heard someone boo [Redacted] this year? (introduction, walking out of tunnel, walking back to locker room)

I heard a lot of boos at the end of the 1st half of the FSU game.

Every time they announced him.

Also for my more inebriated games, yelled buzz out instead of go deacs during the fight song when we were down more than 10 points in the 2nd half (quite a lot)

Not sure they can hear me from my living room in Florida, but a lot worse than boos come out of my mouth when I am watching (although to be honest, last game I watched was GT...)

Most of booing at end of first half was directed at officials. Most fans have given up on Bzz and don't see a reason to pile on. Just get him out.

I posted this another thread.

I could be wrong, but it really seems to me that apathy has taken a toll on our fan base. I sense excitement and anticipation that the [Redacted] era may finally be coming to an end. Unfortunately, I don't have that same excitement and anticipation. While our team is in free fall, what evidence, if any, do we have that Mr. Wellman is actually feeling the heat and may actually make a change at the head coach spot? This team could still qualify for the NIT. Even if we get an un-vitation to the NIT, it just doesn't seem to me that Mr. Wellman is uncomfortable. Early in the [Redacted] era we had fans literally screaming at home games in protest of the situation; Mr. Wellman was holding fireside post game chats and fielding questions about the direction of the program; we had the Winter of discontent; and we saw a media blitz that was effective though often criticized. Now, I only sense waiting and anticipation by our fans that Mr. Wellman will do the right thing and make a move after the season. I wish I could be more optimistic but I simply don't trust Wellman when it comes to [Redacted] and our basketball program. It just doesn't seem that either Wellman and/or [Redacted] are very uncomfortable. Unless I missing something, I am unaware of even the simplest form of fan protest this season (like booing [Redacted] when he is introduced as our head coach at home games). I do support the team and our student athletes so I find it difficult to root against them. It's unfortunate that D. Thomas and CMM appear to have circled the wagons around [Redacted] (Wellman's final human shields for [Redacted]). Wellman made a big move at the end of football season. However, unless he is made to be uncomfortable, I fear that Mr. Wellman will be too preoccupied with the NCAA Tournament to make any changes in our basketball program. Wellman probably figures he can sneak one more year by and finish paying [Redacted] for the job he was hired to do. Similarly, [Redacted] is spineless. Is he really just going to walk away from another $1M+ next year if he has the protection of Wellman? Unless Nina demands that he resign, I just don't see [Redacted] giving up on that payday. All that being said - I hope Wellman and [Redacted] are made to feel very uncomfortable during the next 3/4 weeks and I hope the rest of you will do you whatever you can to ensure that our nightmare ends sooner rather than later.

Every time they announced him.

Also for my more inebriated games, yelled buzz out instead of go deacs during the fight song when we were down more than 10 points in the 2nd half (quite a lot)

thats actually really smart during the fight song. Anyone want to try and get the students to start doing that specifically for the Duke game?

I think it would be better to have absolute silence in the crowd except for one guy clapping like they do when someone finally sinks his putt for a triple bogey.

I heard a lot of boos at the end of the 1st half of the FSU game.

that was directed at the officials.

in the two games i have attended this year (ND and FSU), I didn't really hear a lot of booing at [Redacted].

The place to be is the Tuesday night or whatever loser night is at the tourney. That's the time to say your goodbyes.

Thread title sounds like the name of the forthcoming 30 for 30

thats actually really smart during the fight song. Anyone want to try and get the students to start doing that specifically for the Duke game?

Rather than doing it during the fight song, what if the students did BUZZ OUT and/or FIRE WELLMAN during the visiting team's pre-game introduction of starters instead of WAKE FOREST?

Back