• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College Game Review / UNC Game Week Thread

I'm not sure that is the case. They played teams that didn't want to throw, or who's talent level was such they couldn't try to throw.

I think we can throw the ball, because I think UNC is dead last in the conference in sacks. If they don't pressure Wolford, he can throw the ball fine. Same for Hinton. Whether we can score the 30+ I would imagine we will need to win is a different story.

If the O-line can come out and play like they did against FSU then we'll have success offensively. UNC will get pressure at times, I don't think our O-line is capable of stopping pressure consistently against anybody with a FBS defense. Hinton was under pressure against FSU, but the O-line gave him enough opportunities to make some plays and that's what they have to do for whoever we have behind center Saturday night. Being able to run the ball a little bit would help a ton also.

Surely our defense can hold them under the 34 they're calling for. Won't this be more of a 24-3 type game?

With Hinton out if we go to the wildcat to give Wolford a few reps off and give Carowhina another look who is our best candidate to take the direct snap? is it Tabari with his quickness or one of our running backs with better vision?

Has anyone asked Clawson?

With Hinton out if we go to the wildcat to give Wolford a few reps off and give Carowhina another look who is our best candidate to take the direct snap? is it Tabari with his quickness or one of our running backs with better vision?

Has anyone asked Clawson?

If we do this maybe Wade?

NOTES FROM CLAWSON PRESS CONFERENCE

UNC is fastest offense in the country (measured by plays per minute). UNC’s tempo will stress Wake’s defense. Need to get lined up quickly and correctly. He feels good about defensive depth, but it will be a challenge to substitute mid-series.

Matt Colburn very upset after the BC game.

Decided not to take a knee in the last series against BC because he wanted to burn an additional 5 seconds per play and also try to get the first down. If they came up short on third down they were going to call a “slow safety” on 4th down that would burn more time by moving a player around the end zone.

Wolford was “playing on one leg” against BC. Said he didn’t want to say that they were playing conservative, but then (effectively) admitted that they were. Wolford says he is 100% but Clawson says he doesn’t look 100%. Original estimate on the injury was 4-5 weeks.

It sounds like the info about Hinton not practicing at all last week was not correct but he did aggravate his back injury on the last play of Wednesday’s practice. Hinton might have been able to play for a series against Boston College on an emergency basis, but Kyle Kearns would have been a consideration.

Dylan Intemann was expected to practice yesterday.

When discussing the significance of the UNC game: “…some of our players got recruited by UNC, some got rejected….”

Duke Ejiofor “looked great”. Don’t have a guy that can replace him.

SNAP COUNT OBSERVATIONS (BC GAME)

Tabari Hines (45 snaps) was ahead of Chuck Wade (23 snaps) for the first time since the Army game.

Ryan Anderson played the entire game with Dylan Intemann out with the concussion.

There were a number of playing time trends that were different on defense. Some of the changes must have been due to the run-heavy Boston College offense.

At the inside defensive line positions, Zeek Rodney (70 snaps) and Josh Banks (67 snaps) had to play A LOT. There’s no way that the staff is pleased about that. Those are two guys that I know they want to keep fresh. Willie Yarbary was listed as injured and Shelldon Lewinson (9 snaps) and Tylor Harris (18 snaps) didn’t play much. Depth is going to be important against UNC, so let’s hope Yarbary is back.

Big changes at the defensive end position with Duke Ejiofor returning. Wendell Dunn (60 snaps) led the way with Ejiofor (44 snaps) and Chris Stewart (33 snaps) also seeing significant playing time. Chris Calhoun – who had been leading the group in snaps for a few weeks – was limited to just 9 plays. Rashawn Shaw was a healthy scratch for the first time this season.

Hunter Williams (64 snaps) played a lot more than Demetrius Kemp (26 snaps). That had been more of a 50/50 deal the last few weeks.

From watching the replay I thought that the Jaboree Williams/Grant Dawson tandem played more than usual but it turns out they had their typical 15-20 snaps.

Thomas Brown (29 snaps) also didn’t play as much as I thought. He makes an impact when he is on the field though. The playing time at the safety position was: Janvion (77 snaps), Dancel (73 snaps), Brown (29 snaps) and Glenn (24 snaps). The only game that Glenn played that few snaps was Army – so maybe he plays more against passing teams.

The Gaulden/Austin mix was 64/15 in Gaulden’s favor.

Last edited:
Sounds like UNC plays a bend but don't break type defense. We should be able to have some 10-12 play drives, but whether we get it in the end zone or kick a field goal will be the difference. Putting up yards should not be too difficult but points are a different story. They have a young defense which is why they play this style (smart on their end).
They should be playing off of our receivers unlike BC who had a more experienced secondary. So hopefully we go back to the short quick passes.

Look for Cortez Lewis to shine like the rising star he is. Cam will get his 5-7 catches for 50 yards, but I see Cortez getting in the end zone this game and making one or two UNC corners look like fools.

Thanks for all of your great work, 94. You and Wagnor (with the hoops breakdowns) are the best part of the internets for me. Wagnor on the politics though... (kidding!)

Just heard from a coworker that Elijah Hood left practice today with a knee injury. If true, that would be a pretty big loss from UNC's backfield.

Yeah, definitely not wishing injury on anyone (especially a knee injury) and I have a feeling we can play them tight even with Hood at full strength.

Yeah cause backups always suck against us.:couch:

Yeah, I really don't want IC or any of those dicktard, walmart, glue sniffin shit heads to have an excuse for anything. Hood is a baller, but UNC's 2nd and 3rd string back would start for us. Thank god for blood pressure meds. These light blue clowns bring out the hypertension in me every time we play them.

Yeah, I really don't want IC or any of those dicktard, walmart, glue sniffin shit heads to have an excuse for anything. Hood is a baller, but UNC's 2nd and 3rd string back would start for us. Thank god for blood pressure meds. These light blue clowns bring out the hypertension in me every time we play them.

I here you, but listening to their endless excuses after they lose is half the fun.

Back