• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College Game Time 3:30 RSN

TARDAWG

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine in New Orleans who is flying his family up to see the Deacs take on Boston College. He was asking me about game time and I told him I bet they announce it next week. Anyone have any idea of what time it is looking like? Thanks for the help.

Only 3 other ACC games that day:

GT @ Maryland
Virginia @ State
Clemson @ Duke

Although if things remain about how they are now, Wake-BC is the least attractive of all four games. So I'd guess another ACC Network game (12:30), unless they get tired of showing us and decide to air infomercials at that time instead.

Only 3 other ACC games that day:

GT @ Maryland
Virginia @ State
Clemson @ Duke

Although if things remain about how they are now, Wake-BC is the least attractive of all four games. So I'd guess another ACC Network game (12:30), unless they get tired of showing us and decide to air infomercials at that time instead.

didn't there used to be a limit on the number of ACC Network games or a requirement to show every team at least once or did that go away or am I imagining that?

Our last chance for a win this year. This is the only game standing in the way of my prediction of losing out. If it will end the Grobian Era, I will happily pull against us. I will also gloat at the Grobite morons who continue to believe that we are going to the Toilet Bowl.

Our last chance for a win this year. This is the only game standing in the way of my prediction of losing out. If it will end the Grobian Era, I will happily pull against us. I will also gloat at the Grobite morons who continue to believe that we are going to the Toilet Bowl.

Clemson grad here, not to worry I come in peace. Grew up in Winston so being a townie I keep tabs on the deacs and have a bit of a soft spot for them, not to mention I'm a career lurker on the boards(see post count). Do y'all really want grobe out that bad? I mean, I know the last two years have sucked but damn the man has done more for WFU football than anyone could have ever dreamed. That being said, it's nice to see Wake fans expecting more out of the football program. When I first moved here in '95, I was initially shocked at and then quickly became used to the defeatist attitude that went along with being a Wake football fan.

Just curious to get some insider persepctive on it. Who would you say is a reasonable candidate for HC that could build off of what grobe has done for the program? Do you think there's a glass ceiling for Wake Football due to the academic standards that recruits are held to or is the sky the limit? From the outside looking in, I see a school in a competitive conference (even in it's down years) with the largest endowment in said conference. It seems like the resources are there to build a championship program.

Clemson grad here, not to worry I come in peace. Grew up in Winston so being a townie I keep tabs on the deacs and have a bit of a soft spot for them, not to mention I'm a career lurker on the boards(see post count). Do y'all really want grobe out that bad? I mean, I know the last two years have sucked but damn the man has done more for WFU football than anyone could have ever dreamed. That being said, it's nice to see Wake fans expecting more out of the football program. When I first moved here in '95, I was initially shocked at and then quickly became used to the defeatist attitude that went along with being a Wake football fan.

Just curious to get some insider persepctive on it. Who would you say is a reasonable candidate for HC that could build off of what grobe has done for the program? Do you think there's a glass ceiling for Wake Football due to the academic standards that recruits are held to or is the sky the limit? From the outside looking in, I see a school in a competitive conference (even in it's down years) with the largest endowment in said conference. It seems like the resources are there to build a championship program.

The guy you quoted has like one person maybe who agrees with what he says.

We don't have any reasonable targets and nearly everyone wants to keep Grobe.

And I'm pretty sure Wake doesn't have the largest endowment in the conference. I'm pretty sure we don't have a large endowment at all. Duke would almost certainly have a larger one than us.

It seems I was misinformed on the endowment info. Redirecting the queston: what's it gonna take for Grobe to win another ACC Title for y'all? Also, I'll be at the stadium next thursday night, what are the general thoughts/feelings of the fanbase regarding our game next week? We had the same offense, and a better defense last year and it still took a last second field goal along with some questionable clock operation to put the deacs away.

Additionally, sorry for hijacking the thread but the question didn't seem worthy of it's own.

Last edited:
Most Wake fans probably think we're going to get killed.

Most Wake fans also feel like we got robbed last year, but that's another discussion (running out of bounds then back in to catch a touchdown, not overturned on review) since most Wake fans feel like we've been screwed on two or three separate occasions in Death Valley.

It should be a pretty good atmosphere, but I'm not optimistic.

Hopefully Camp is back.

Most Wake fans probably think we're going to get killed.

Most Wake fans also feel like we got robbed last year, but that's another discussion (running out of bounds then back in to catch a touchdown, not overturned on review) since most Wake fans feel like we've been screwed on two or three separate occasions in Death Valley.

It should be a pretty good atmosphere, but I'm not optimistic.

Hopefully Camp is back.

I was wondering about this when I saw the announcement from Grobe saying Camp wouldnt play. Anybody here think he might just be hoping we're dumb enough to take the bait? Doesn't seem like Grobe's style, but you never know.

Could be 3 on FSN as well, not sure which is lower down the pecking order. But can pretty much guarantee it will be a 12:30 or 3 (MAYBE 3:30) kick, and it will be televised on something

An extra 2.5 or 3 hours of tailgating...

pray.gif

It'll almost certainly be on TV. Clemson-Duke is pretty much a lock to get something better than 12:30 ACC Network, 3:00 FSN and 3:30 ESPNU. That leaves three games (UVA-NCSU, GT-MD and BC-Wake) for three TV slots

It'll almost certainly be on TV. Clemson-Duke is pretty much a lock to get something better than 12:30 ACC Network, 3:00 FSN and 3:30 ESPNU. That leaves three games (UVA-NCSU, GT-MD and BC-Wake) for three TV slots

Idk about GT/MD, but the woofies will get a 3:00/3:30 slot.

I'd put my best guess on us getting the other, and GT/MD getting the breakfast kickoff. Only reason I could think of us getting the shittier time is our teeny fanbase.

I believe FSN is lower down the pecking order -- ACCN is showing NC State-UNC this week, which is clearly better than FSN's BYU-GT -- so 3:00 would be my guess as well.

Back