• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston Marathon Bombing - Sgt McCarthy > PhDeac

And one of my friend's brothers just posted on facebook that she's not answering her phone. Apparently was watching at the finish line. Prayers that everyone is safe.

Race started at 11:05, that's all I got.

elite women started at 9:30. elite men at 10:00. everybody else after that in 3 separate waves. there's a lot of different start times for a race this big.

ysesa6ar.jpg

My friend texted "A bomb just went off" so I'm guessing she's ok.

over the last year, we've had shootings at malls, schools, movie theaters, and now bombs at races. it's terrifying that there's apparently no place where a group of people can gather without any fear.

over the last year, we've had shootings at malls, schools, movie theaters, and now bombs at races. it's terrifying that there's apparently no place where a group of people can gather without any fear.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Marathon runners.

Marathon.
Runners.

I don't understand this world.

Just saw a picture of a guy in a wheel chair with his leg just hanging off of him. This is horrifying. The pictures are even more graphic than 9/11.

If there is any silver lining (there's not), at least there was an extreme number of first responders right there when the explosions happen, to help mitigate the impact.

OMG that vine video of it. Force of it knocks that old man down no problem.

I don't want to diminish anything about this horrific tragedy, but I can't wrap my head around what it must be like to live in a war zone where things like this happen so often. I just can't understand how people can do things like this.

Back