• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston Marathon Bombing - Sgt McCarthy > PhDeac

One other thing, the time the bombs went off were right around the four hour mark which is generally the time that runners for charity or certain causes would finish. As mentioned earlier, my future brother in law was running for leukemia and finished five minutes before the explosions.

It seems that most of the carnage came from the first bomb close to the finish line, right? I haven't seen any video and few pictures from the 2nd bomb.

It seems like ever year this happens on or right around my birthday. What is it with tragedy and mid April?

Probably better on another thread, but if the bombs today just blew up a building with no victims, is it terrorism?

I'm jumping into the middle of this, but yes. According to FEMA, any act that incites terror to the masses is considered terrorism whether or not someone dies.

Of course this was the main topic at our FD training meeting tonight. Details are still early, but from all accounts the Boston Emergency Management worked flawlessly through this all.

It seems like ever year this happens on or right around my birthday. What is it with tragedy and mid April?

No idea but April has had a good bit of tragedy and newsworthy events. Chernobyl in 86, Oklahoma bombing, hitlers death, columbine, vt shooting.

Hearing a ton of military helicopters in the skies above Raleigh tonight headed somewhere. Could just be a coincidence, or perhaps they're headed somewhere to help.

My wife pointed out how the flags were still right before the explosion, it's disturbing to see how much they move once the explosion happens.

MIT tonight

BH8Z5N2CYAAFPet.jpg:large

A lot of those mid-April tragedies take place on April 19th. That's when the first shots were fired at Lexington and Concord and is a big day for right wing nut jobs like Timothy McVeigh.

This is supposedly a real picture taken on the Boston Common today. Reports the van was searched and the man questioned, but I haven't heard anything more about it since this afternoon.

49dH6XQ.jpg

An apartment in Revere(city just northeast of Boston) was being searched tonight. Various agents from a handful of Federal/local agencies were there, including bomb techs. Sounds like it was the house of a suspect.

Yeah, there was a bunch of stuff on Twitter about the Boston Common van earlier, but apparently it turned out to be a false alarm.

No idea but April has had a good bit of tragedy and newsworthy events. Chernobyl in 86, Oklahoma bombing, hitlers death, columbine, vt shooting.

Don't you mean Lincoln's death? Hitler's death wasn't tragic, it was tragically late.

Back