• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston Marathon Bombing - Sgt McCarthy > PhDeac

That's pretty much the entire crowd..

MPWZi.gif

That's pretty much the entire crowd..

I suppose I have to point out there was sarcasm within my post. It's ludicrous to tackle the entire crowd, it's ludicrous to tackle someone solely due to ethnicity, especially in a part of town full of various ethnicities from around the world.

So any Arabic looking dude is a suspect?

No, but an Arabic looking dude that is running from the scene is obviously going to draw attention to himself. He either runs and possibly gets tacked and detained, or he sticks around and possible gets his ass kicked by an entire crowd of people.

It's going to be human instinct for many people to profile in this case.

I suppose I have to point out there was sarcasm within my post. It's ludicrous to tackle the entire crowd, it's ludicrous to tackle someone solely due to ethnicity, especially in a part of town full of various ethnicities from around the world.

Haha sorry mang, it's hard to distinguish what's sarcasm vs what's really stupid sometimes (ie denver's post). I apologize.

I completely understand this course of action.

From what I can remember of my response to terrorism class, most of your bombers or terrorists are more likely to have an almost unnatural infatuation with the event. They're more likely to want to see the fruits of their labor than run away in a crowd. Unless they're an idiot, they're going to know how far the blast range will be, and typically are well clear of it by the time the bomb explodes.

Most of them.

I do find it amusing that one of the posters who is creating the more politically motivated tags would be the first in line to bitch about others using a tragedy like this to make a political point.

Perhaps he's saying anyone running from an explosion is suspicious. Makes sense to me.

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm tackling the dude that is just calmly walking away from two explosions. That mother fucker is up to no good.

Gov Patrick speaking now. He says only 2 explosives were involved, period. Anything else that was thought to be an explosive was not.

Oh good lord the mayor is speaking...

No, but an Arabic looking dude that is running from the scene is obviously going to draw attention to himself. He either runs and possibly gets tacked and detained, or he sticks around and possible gets his ass kicked by an entire crowd of people.

It's going to be human instinct for many people to profile in this case.

You may be right, which along with the small matter of TWO BOMBS GOING OFF, that would help explain why the dude was running from the scene. But that doesn't make the racial profiling right -- not that you were saying it did.

From what I can remember of my response to terrorism class, most of your bombers or terrorists are more likely to have an almost unnatural infatuation with the event. They're more likely to want to see the fruits of their labor than run away in a crowd. Unless they're an idiot, they're going to know how far the blast range will be, and typically are well clear of it by the time the bomb explodes.

And then there are those who use these bombs as their ticket to 72 virgins. Completely stand by what I said. Some funny holier than thou posts about this (some think mine are crazy) Bottom line is you have a Arab guy running from a double bombing, he is definitely a suspect.

And then there are those who use these bombs as their ticket to 72 virgins. Completely stand by what I said. Some funny holier than thou posts about this (some think mine are crazy) Bottom line is you have a Arab guy running from a double bombing, he is definitely a suspect.

I think all white people running from bombs are also suspects.

Back