• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston Marathon Bombing - Sgt McCarthy > PhDeac

Still trying to figure why they killed the MIT officer. It sounds like this was done before the carjacking and robbing the 7-11. And the officer had his gun in his holster, so he apparently was not "on to them". Why would this be their first move?

Also, it sounds like the older brother died in an attempt to blow up the cops with his suicide vest.

I'm still trying to figure out why they bombed the marathon?

whats a summary of what the heck is up with the old guy, I see nothing on him online

Pic was not too bad to me, no real decomp yet.

yeah, if he were missing limbs or something it would have been worse. kind of looks like a zombie prop from a movie.

On the thread people are saying it is a thoracotomy. From what I can tell by googling it may have been done to provide access to massage the heart.

doctor confirming that that looks like a thoracotomy to me... one that was done quickly at that. def cant say it was to massage the heart though. it's done to gain surgical access to any thoracic organ so who knows what they were trying to do.

seems really crazy to me that those photos got online. im suspicious

(also yeah, GSW beneath the incision)

Back