• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Both parties are corrupt, and we are lemmings...

Our government has never controlled big business. Big business has always controlled our government. Always.

Not so fast, my friend.

800px-Roosevelt_safari_elephant.jpg

You admitted to being on the far right. That's fine. but you shouldn't act like you are automatically correct or that you are in the mainstream.

Like many millions of Americans I don't believe paid speech is covered by the 1st Amendment.

I haven't been at all combative towards you on this, but you can't help yourself from being dismissive.

Last edited:
You admitted to being on the far right. That's fine. but you shouldn't act like you are automatically correct or that you are in the mainstream.

Like many millions of Americans I don't believe paid speech is covered by the 1st Amendment.

I haven't been at all combative towards you on this, but you can't help yourself from being dismissive.

You're conflating political speech with campaign donations. There are not millions of Americans who think the former isn't covered by the first amendment. Thats an absurd position. Its the core of what the first amendment means.

re are millions of Americans who don't believe free speech is the same as paid speech. It's not an absurd to many. Millions believe had the Founders wanted to include political advertising they would have. It existed in their time and advertising is not mentioned in the First Amendment.

We can disagree without you being arrogant about your position.

Back