• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl chances slim even with getting to 6 wins

Deserve doesn't really have anything to do with it. We'll see a lot of teams this December who don't "deserve" to be in a bowl, but will be anyway

If we beat Duke and Vandy to end the season, we deserve to make a bowl.

I've seen plenty of references to it being more difficult but can't think of anyone who says it's impossible.

We can start with the announcers from the FSU game and work our way through the LOWF movement.

It's all up to Grobe. What has he done this past week? Has he been re-shuffling the OL? Having the WRs catch 100 balls a day? Introducing himself to his TEs? I bet he's booking Tee times at Doral for the first week of December. What sucks is that Duke can be beaten. After this win and looking to smack the 'hole, we could sneak up on them. Heck, Kensucky gave vandy a game. Who knows?

It's all up to Grobe. What has he done this past week? Has he been re-shuffling the OL? Having the WRs catch 100 balls a day? Introducing himself to his TEs? I bet he's booking Tee times at Doral for the first week of December. What sucks is that Duke can be beaten. After this win and looking to smack the 'hole, we could sneak up on them. Heck, Kensucky gave vandy a game. Who knows?

We are all but embalmed on offense. Our defense would have to outscore their offense in order for us to win.

Shuffling the OL??? If you've got 5 piles of shit lined up in a row, you can move them around all you want and you've still got 5 piles of shit.

Grobe neither has the fire or desire @ this point in time.

Grobe wants to play defense. He delegates offense (apparently to the wrong people) because he just does not have the passion for it. Everyone can see the results on the field.

We can start with the announcers from the FSU game and work our way through the LOWF movement.

Gotcha. It's a fine line imo. You have to acknowledge the challenges but can't be complacent when you aren't getting results. The announcers were pretty sickening for sure.

Gotcha. It's a fine line imo. You have to acknowledge the challenges but can't be complacent when you aren't getting results. The announcers were pretty sickening for sure.

Absolutely. The challenges are real but not fatal. You can't make a plan to overcome the challenges without acknowledging them first. But if I'm leading an organization, I don't want people in it who think the obstacles are insurmountable.

Funny that this is even a conversation. We lose both games by a total of 40.

40? You're feeling pretty confident. If we lose to Duke, we'll lose to Vandy by 40 easy. We lost to Vandy by 34 the last two years in Winston. Heck, last year we lost to them by 34 with a bowl bid on the line. In Nashville with nothing to play for? 40.

Last edited:
40? You're feeling pretty confident. If we lose to Duke, we'll lose to Vandy by 40 easy. We lost to Vandy by 34 the last two years in Winston. Heck, last year we lost to them by 34 with a bowl bid on the line. In Nashville with nothing to play for? 40.

Valid points but Vandy isn't nearly as good this year.

Back