• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

I have it on good information that unless a lot of weird stuff happens this weekend, Wake will play in the Military Bowl. Mark it down.

I have it on good information that unless a lot of weird stuff happens this weekend, Wake will play in the Military Bowl. Mark it down.

That would be preferable to Shreveport the day after Christmas.

All of those top AAC teams would probably kick our ass.

I can't see how we beat any of them without scoring 30.

They could win the AAC title on Saturday so that could change I'm guessing?

Yes. Possible that winning puts them out of the Military Bowl, but there is a scenario where they win and still play in it.

Little bummed. I guess this is a better bowl but I'd rather play in a less than preferable bowl game and beat a big name SEC school.

Little bummed. I guess this is a better bowl but I'd rather play in a less than preferable bowl game and beat a big name SEC school.

Well if we go to Annapolis I'm guessing Wake would bring 10K-15K as opposed to less than 1K for Shreveport.

Any team we play in this bowl would be better than any SEC team we would play too. It's the best of both worlds.

Well if we go to Annapolis I'm guessing Wake would bring 10K-15K as opposed to less than 1K for Shreveport.

Any team we play in this bowl would be better than any SEC team we would play too. It's the best of both worlds.

10 - 15 thousand. We are lucky to get that amount at a home game. I'd say maybe 2,500.

10 - 15 thousand. We are lucky to get that amount at a home game. I'd say maybe 2,500.

Not sure if you are just trolling or not, but that's a comically low number.

The election really is rolling off on everything else. We live in a damn post-factual society.

Do people want to rationally have discussions using facts/statistics to engage in meaningful conversations? Or just make dumb statements because they THINK it FEELS right?

I project that if we play in this bowl I will get totally annihilated in a clubhouse or sports bar on a Tuesday afternoon.

Not sure if you are just trolling or not, but that's a comically low number.

The election really is rolling off on everything else. We live in a damn post-factual society.

Do people want to rationally have discussions using facts/statistics to engage in meaningful conversations? Or just make dumb statements because they THINK it FEELS right?

The AD has been using comically high attendance numbers for over a decade so this is the logical push back.

Where are you getting 10-15K?

MY FEELINGS!!!

In all seriousness, Wake Forest fans bought over 18K tickets through the official website for the Charlotte bowl in 2007. Even if there were no tickets purchased by Wake Forest fans through any other avenue that is pretty good number there. They also bought all 10K tickets to go to Nashville in 2011.

Wake Forest has a pretty big population of alumni (around 5K) in the DC area, making it an easy trip to Annapolis for the day/a couple of days. It is the first bowl game in 5 years, and based on the past ticket sales from Wake, 10K-15K seems likes a solid estimate based on those statistics.

Last edited:
Back