• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

Not sure if you are just trolling or not, but that's a comically low number.

The election really is rolling off on everything else. We live in a damn post-factual society.

Do people want to rationally have discussions using facts/statistics to engage in meaningful conversations? Or just make dumb statements because they THINK it FEELS right?

What facts/statistics do you have that support 15,000 people driving to DC in the middle of winter to watch a team that finished its season 1-5? We barely had 15,000 people for a miserable BC game at home.

I feel like it would be safe to bet that wake being in a bowl game would draw more fans than a game against Boston College.

What facts/statistics do you have that support 15,000 people driving to DC in the middle of winter to watch a team that finished its season 1-5? We barely had 15,000 people for a miserable BC game at home.

Wake finished 1-5 in 2011 and sent over 10K people to Nashville with just the regular ticket office sales. That doesn't include secondary market tickets.

So is the thought that we would bring less than 1k to what is the 10th bowl in our program's history.

The election really is rolling off on everything else. We live in a damn post-factual society.

Do people want to rationally have discussions using facts/statistics to engage in meaningful conversations? Or just make dumb statements because they THINK it FEELS right?

Geez, little testy today?

Annapolis should be a very good venue for Wake from an attendance standpoint. A good number of alumni in DC/MD/VA/PA within a reasonable drive. Factoring against that is the stature of the bowl, likely uninteresting opponent, and uninspiring finish to the season. It will be interesting to see what the crowd looks like.

Annapolis should be a very good venue for Wake from an attendance standpoint. A good number of alumni in DC/MD/VA/PA within a reasonable drive. Factoring against that is the stature of the bowl, likely uninteresting opponent, and uninspiring finish to the season. It will be interesting to see what the crowd looks like.

It's also on a Tuesday afternoon, two days after Christmas (Music City in 2011 was on a Friday). I can't imagine anywhere near 10k Wake fans there, even with the massive DC alumni population. 5-7k seems more realistic.

Playing AAC vs. SEC won't help either. Nor will playing in Annapolis as opposed to Nashville.

Agreed on 5-7K

Yeah, crappy opponent, crappy Wake team, two days after Christmas, cold as fuck, advertising for the military industrial complex. I'll pass.

I'd venture to guess 2.5K will be closer to the real number than 15K (note: real number, not AD-inflated number).

I'd venture to guess 2.5K will be closer to the real number than 15K (note: real number, not AD-inflated number).

This is a good reminder to by tickets for the game even if you're not going because that's really going to matter for a pool of tickets the university will agree to purchase once awarded the bowl bid.

How many Wake fans showed up to the DC Bowl vs. Navy? That was some shit weather.

This is a good reminder to by tickets for the game even if you're not going because that's really going to matter for a pool of tickets the university will agree to purchase once awarded the bowl bid.

Why should we lookout for the athletic department after being collectively shit on by Ron Wellman for years?

You're probably right. Also about the official numbers being meaningless.

Back