• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl Watch 2011

So ANY chance of either Charlotte or Nashville? Could we get picked over GT or UVA possibly?

There's a chance... I believe there's also a chance at Orlando.

Cue Dumb and Dumber pic.

There's a chance... I believe there's also a chance at Orlando.

Cue Dumb and Dumber pic.

I know I know, but really, I mean are GT or UVA THAT much better options for Nashville/Charlotte? I guess I'm just trying to salvage hope of anything but the awful game we're probably destined for

State will probably be off the board (Charlotte) by the time Nashville picks. It's more likely to be GT vs us.

Don't think we'll win that one. Probably doesn't help that Tennessee isn't eligible, at least then they'd know they have a lot of tickets sold

Last edited:
No one would fucking go to Shreveport so then we look bad.

I wouldn't sweat it. We brought a respectable number of people to Jacksonville, Miami, and Charlotte, and it got us nowhere when we got shipped to DC in 2008. We could buy 30,000 tickets to Shreveport and it would make no difference at all next year. Wake will always get passed over.

I guess Wellman could try to play the "bowl starved fanbase" card with Nashville but I doubt it would work just because GT is a bigger football name for TV. Oh well. But so who goes to the Sun Bowl? UVA?

Just off the top of my head it seems like

Orange - VT or Clemson
Chik-fil-A - ACCCG loser
Champs - Fl State
Sun - NC State/GT/UVA
Belk - NC State/GT/UVA
Nashville - NC State/GT/UVA
Shreveport - Wake
Military - UNC

I guess the hope is now that Wellman is able to convince someone to take us in one of those three middle games. Doesn't seem THAT unreasonable to think we could picked for one of those middle three over one of those teams.

Is there any chance that VT would go to a BCS bowl if they lose to Clemson? That would open up Charlotte or Nashville.

Yeah, main hope might be NC State somehow getting picked for the Sun Bowl. I don't really see that happening though

Yeah, main hope might be NC State somehow getting picked for the Sun Bowl. I don't really see that happening though

I think its what we have to hope for, though. I think they might be the Sun's best option. Theyre coming off two straight wins and have the largest fan base of any of the contenders. And while we're not a beautiful option for Charlotte, I'm not sure UVA or GT is either.

Serious question- would we not bring more fans to a bowl game than UVa? Do they travel at all???

Serious question- would we not bring more fans to a bowl game than UVa? Do they travel at all???

Depends on the year. With them, who knows. They've had a good overachieving year and yet had trouble filling their own stadium. And they just got whacked by their in-state nemesis again, when most of them believed it was their year to win. I'm not sure they'd travel all that great.

Sounds like the Sun Bowl is in love with GT. Probably not good news for us.

This blows, and probably cements State to Charlotte. So it is between us and UVA for Nashville. I don't know if the hoos will travel there any better than we would. I do remember Uva has been there somewhat recently - anyone got a source that'll say how Uva travelled there last time?

Guess that's the good news aspect of it, we might have a better shot at Nashville up against UVa than GT. Still don't think we're getting invited though.

Also should note Vandy likely will wind up in Nashville (it's either them or Mississippi State, and the Liberty Bowl probs makes more sense for MSU), so that may not even be an option for us.

NBC's site tonight has us going to Charlotte against Cinci because we beat both State and FSU in the regular season. They have Virginia in Nashville against Tennessee. They have State playing Wyoming down in Shreveport.

Now wouldn't that be a kick in the ass.

NBC's site tonight has us going to Charlotte against Cinci because we beat both State and FSU in the regular season. They have Virginia in Nashville against Tennessee. They have State playing Wyoming down in Shreveport.

Now wouldn't that be a kick in the ass.

That tells me somebody at NBC has no fucking clue as to how things work in the real world.

I live 3 hours from Shreveport and I might not even go, but it has nothing to do with Shreveport. It has to do with the team not being bowl-worthy.

The team went 5-3 in the ACC. Can we just forget the stupid Vanderbilt game and be happy for them and the progress they made this season?

Speaking of not being clued in. The CBS site has us playing Boise State in Shreveport. I'm pretty sure the Broncos finished second, not third, in the Mountain West. If we go to Shreveport, if I understand it correctly, we would play Wyoming.

As with the ACC, just because you finish 2nd in the Mountain West doesn't mean you'll get the #2 bowl spot. But it sounds like Las Vegas really wants Boise so I don't think we'll be seeing them in Shreveport (thank God)

Back