• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl Watch 2011

Yep. Nashville on NYE would be boss, though.

:werd: Spent one New Year's in Nashville in this dirty little country joint with a dirty country band and a bar that served 8 different kinds of Jack Daniel's.

We really need to convince Music City or Belk to pick Wake.

Agreed. There's no way I'm spending $1,000 for my wife and me to go to Shreveport for two days.

Nashville is a totally different, and much more attractive, animal as it's a good city within reasonable driving distance. Nashville is about 6.5 hours from Charlotte, probably about the same from Winston.

Yeah Charlotte would be the easiest and at least we play the Big East. Nashville would be the most fun with an SEC opponent and a new city to visit.

We aren't going to DC and Shreveport would be turrible. Hopefully Miami ends up there.

Shreveport is just the suck. Day after Xmas. Who is going to leave on Christmas Day to go to that bowl?

Shreveport is just the suck. Day after Xmas. Who is going to leave on Christmas Day to go to that bowl?

Hell, I doubt I would even get to watch that one, as the day after Christmas is generally a travel day for my family.

Agreed. There's no way I'm spending $1,000 for my wife and me to go to Shreveport for two days.

Nashville is a totally different, and much more attractive, animal as it's a good city within reasonable driving distance. Nashville is about 6.5 hours from Charlotte, probably about the same from Winston.

Leave her home.

I'd rather spend the money doing something more enjoyable than going to Shreveport stag for $500.

Like dig my eyes out with a dull spoon. I'd rather do that than watch Wake play Wyoming in Shreveport the day after Christmas. The best case is we go to Shreveport and Boise loses one of their last two games so they go to Shreveport too. That'd be sweet

We played in the Orange Bowl too, but I'm ok with going back.

DC is a better location than Shreveport, whether we've played there recently or not. Besides, we've played in Shreveport too. There are at least more than a few hundred fans who would show up in DC.

Dude, I'm with ya. I'll take the Orange Bowl any year. Miami weather in January is much better than DC weather.

Shreveport is awful for our players too. Not only do they spend Christmas day getting up for a game and spend the rest of their time in the hotel because there's little to do besides go see a movie, but their poor families probably lose Christmas day with extended families to travel to middle-of-nowhere Shreveport. At least DC offers an experience for the kids and allows families to come without having to travel on Christmas day, in addition to opening the game up to far more WF fans.

Tarhole fumble at the 4, if they had gone up 14 it wouldn't have been good for our Belk hopes.

MY HOKIES!

Either VT or Clemson getting an at-large BCS berth would really help our chances of getting an attractive bowl.

Nashvegas could potentially have a choice between us and Miami. Not sure we win that one

Back