• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl Watch 2011

OK. Gotcha. So you agree that State gets Nashville if they win?

No, I don't think that because I don't think we are going to get jumped by every team who is within a game of us.

I hear it's going to be FSU and ND.
Correct. Reps from the bowl confirmed to Warchant.com that they would take FSU and ND if available.

If ND isn't ranked in the top 8 (they won't be), they'll be available.
If Chick-Fil-A Bowl doesn't pick FSU (highly unlikely), they'll be available.

No, I don't think that because I don't think we are going to get jumped by every team who is within a game of us.

Why don't you think that? Maybe not Miami, but definitely State.

FearTheDeaconChin is going to be real disappointed when the Deacs are playing in DC in another month.

If

Bc and um don't win and knowing it won't be navy, I'm more excited for dc

Miami

There is speculation that Miami will not accept a bowl bid even if eligible because of NCAA investigation. The Tar Heels, of course, have no such conflicted position.

Wake and Miami get bowl eligible, and we're now locked ahead of UNC in the bowl selection order. NC State's unexpected win may end up with them snatching a higher-tier bowl from us, however (Charlotte?). Next weekend, we're big fans of Boston College (against Miami) and Maryland (against NCSU). Wins by those two teams would ensure we fall no lower than Nashville.

So who gets the spot instead of Navy? Does it go to an extra MAC team, or are there any extra peeps coming from the Big Ten/Big East?

Just asked this on another thread, but who gets Navy's spot in DC? That would make that trip pretty fun if we got a mid-level BCS team.

We need to keep the pressure on the Champs bowl to tell them that it is not right to pick FSU over the higher ranked WF...tweet them: @ChampsSportsBwl

So who gets the spot instead of Navy? Does it go to an extra MAC team, or are there any extra peeps coming from the Big Ten/Big East?

I could see it going to Air Force. I believe the MWC only has 3 tie ins and AF would be team #4 if they win this next weekend.

Unless the rules are waived or altered, we cannot fall past Shreveport.

Question: if BC and State win next weekend, would we or the conference consider a deal where we allow UNC to be picked ahead of us, sending them to Shreveport and us to DC, due to travel considerations? Our attendance in DC would be much better than Shreveport, while a school like UNC might still be a decent draw there, or at least much better than us.

Not if Miami and State win next week.

I stand corrected. Had written off State for so long that completely slipped my mind. Thanks.

In related news, it looks like VPI will end up at #3 or 4 in the BCS rankings heading into the championship game. It's possible that they could still make a BCS bowl if they lose a tight one to Clemson.

Last edited:
Question: if BC and State win next weekend, would we or the conference consider a deal where we allow UNC to be picked ahead of us, sending them to Shreveport and us to DC, due to travel considerations? Our attendance in DC would be much better than Shreveport, while a school like UNC might still be a decent draw there, or at least much better than us.

I guess anything is possible, but there's no way that DC would rather have Wake than UNC-CH.

Back