• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

Michigan is 13 minutes away from delivering the kill shot to Illinois

It's a kill shot to Illinois, and a kill shot to John Groce's tenure as coach. His only chance at survival is based on the fact that he signed a really good class but it would be a surprise if he survives to coach that class.

Our resume really is eerily similar to Oklahoma State's. Good call whoever first figured that out

Georgia in a scrap with Tennessee with six minutes left. A UGa loss probably knocks them off the bubble for good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our resume really is eerily similar to Oklahoma State's. Good call whoever first figured that out

Aren't Wake's offensive and defensive efficiency numbers similar as well (i.e. great offense, mediocre defense)?

Oklahoma State loses in the first round of the Big 12 tournament. They're included in all 117 brackets on Bracket Matrix with a seed range of 6-9. I'm not quite sure how they are significantly better than us.

OSU: 20-12 (9-9), RPI 31, KenPom 19, 1-7 vs. Top 25 RPI, 3-10 vs. Top 50 RPI, 6-11 vs. Top 100 RPI, Best Win: @22 WVU, Worst Loss: @151 Texas
Wake: 19-13 (9-9), RPI 39, KenPom 30, 1-7 vs. Top 25 RPI, 3-9 vs. Top 50 RPI, 8-13 vs. Top 100 RPI, Best Win: 3 Louisville, Worst Loss: @82 Syracuse

I don't understand why two consecutive terrible wins gives them cushion, but our wins over VT and BC kept us on the bubble. It's crazy to me how the narrative has changed in the last two weeks. Before it seemed like all we needed was a top 25 win, then we got that and a road-top-50 win, but basically nothing changed except us moving ahead of 3-4 other teams. I really hope the committee is objective and analytical. I wonder how much they are swayed by the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So just saying, but what exactly is a win over BC supposed to be when given the national scene at this late stage? When you start this week on the bubble as a first four in, beat a BC then lose to VT. I would suppose you would move one way or the other. It helps today that Illinois just lost & MTSU keeps winning.

Oklahoma State loses in the first round of the Big 12 tournament. They're included in all 117 brackets on Bracket Matrix with a seed range of 6-9. I'm not quite sure how they are significantly better than us.

OSU: 20-12 (9-9), RPI 31, KenPom 19, 1-7 vs. Top 25 RPI, 3-10 vs. Top 50 RPI, 6-11 vs. Top 100 RPI, Best Win: @22 WVU, Worst Loss: @151 Texas
Wake: 19-13 (9-9), RPI 39, KenPom 30, 1-7 vs. Top 25 RPI, 3-9 vs. Top 50 RPI, 8-13 vs. Top 100 RPI, Best Win: 3 Louisville, Worst Loss: @82 Syracuse

They also played a non-DI team in the non-conference, so their RPI/SOS is artificially inflated as a result.

And after their L we're basically dead even in RPI

At 17-14?

Yes. Watching the Georgia-Tennessee game on SEC Network he had Vandy as a lock scrolling across the bottom line. Absolutely ridiculous. I know their SOS is good but Lunardi gives us zero respect for ours. Absolutely zero consistency on the metrics used to evaluate teams. Guarantee Lunardi will massively adjust his bracket Sunday morning to include us (as well as other teams) and will claim his supremacy once again. He makes these absurd judgments (especially against big conference teams) to drum up drama.

Has an at-large ever gotten in with a record like that?

Villanova '91 and Georgia '01 were 16-14 and are the only at-large teams to make it with a two-game differential between their win/loss record.

Vandy this year goes to show how weak the bubble currently is.

I mean they did play a crazy tough sched and won @ Florida and Arkansas.

Don't think it's a particularly weak bubble, to be honest, if a team with 6 RPI Top 50 wins like Syracuse might get left at home

Don't think it's a particularly weak bubble, to be honest, if a team with 6 RPI Top 50 wins like Syracuse might get left at home

Vandy also lost to every decent team they played OOC, including home vs. Bucknell, and a 23-point pasting at MTSU.

Vandy's big OOC win was against Belmont, who went 0-4 against KP's top 150.

By the way, I'll say again: if the RPI stays, WF needs to play Belmont. 22-6 helps the RPI.

They did not play a "crazy tough schedule". They played 18 of their games in the weak SEC and lost to every decent team they played OOC. They lost by 24 to Marquette; 23 to MTSU; 10 to Butler. They also lost to Bucknell.

At 17-15, this team should never be near the bubble. It's a joke.

The problem with saying, in a vacuum, that "so and so shouldn't be near the Tournament" is that other teams have to get in instead.

Back