• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

Is the Big East overrated at this point? Sure, it's impressive to have 70% of your league get in, but how many of those teams could do damage once they're in? Meanwhile, every ACC team is a legit threat for the S16, and several are legit FF contenders.

This season. Year to year shouldn't matter.

When they start looking at matchups and see we would be favored as a lower seed in several of them. Punishing us for that vs Top 50 record is essentially punishing us for playing good teams really close even though we just had two Top 50 comeback wins.

Right on

We're up to 30 in the RPI. 29 in Kenpom. Seems silly for us to be listed as a last four in.

The knock on Wake and very justified was lack of quality wins (close does not count). With the last two wins, Wake nows has 3 wins over Top 50 RPI teams including a road win. With an RPI=30, .500 league record in strongest conference and no bad losses, Wake has built a strong resume (yes, stronger than Syracuse). Take a bad loss to BC and Selection Sunday will be a nail biter. Beat BC and I think we are in, regardless of VT result. Motto is just keep winning - beating BC and VT gets Wake to 20 wins and it is should just be about moving up in the seeding.

Team A:

22-8, RPI:27, SOS: 66, T25: 2-2, T50: 5-4 T100: 10-8

Team B:

18-12, RPI: 30 SOS: 12 T25: 1-7, T50: 3-9, T100: 8-12

Team C

19-11, RPI: 33, SOS: 16, T25: 1-7, T50: 3-9, T100:7-10, Loss @ #169.

Seed these teams.

There is no difference between us and Oklahoma state

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Palms actual bubble:

9 VCU
10 Marquette
10 Michigan State
10 Providence
10 Arkansas
11 Middle Tenn State (on because of one bid conf)
11 Xavier
12 Nevada (on because of one bid conf)
12 Illinois State (on because of a potential one bid conf)

Last 4 in
Wake
Cal
RI
K-State

First 4 out
Illinois
Vandy
Cuse
Wichita State

Very interesting that 3 big east teams are on the bubble and in. What does that say about the strength of the conference. They want to potentially take 7 BE teams and have Wake barely in from the strongest conf in the country?
I know they have been hot recently, but I'm having trouble understanding why Providence is seemingly a consensus 9/10 seed (si.com, Lunardi, Palm) and Wake remains play-in game 11 seed. Friars have been on a nice run, but with some really bad L's on the season, their body of work doesn't seem to merit being unquestionably ahead of a team like Wake. Honest question, what am I missing? http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/team-comparison/WAKE/PROV

I know they have been hot recently, but I'm having trouble understanding why Providence is seemingly a consensus 9/10 seed (si.com, Lunardi, Palm) and Wake remains play-in game 11 seed. Friars have been on a nice run, but with some really bad L's on the season, their body of work doesn't seem to merit being unquestionably ahead of a team like Wake. Honest question, what am I missing? http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/team-comparison/WAKE/PROV

Jeff Battle

Team A:

22-8, RPI:27, SOS: 66, T25: 2-2, T50: 5-4 T100: 10-8

Team B:

18-12, RPI: 30 SOS: 12 T25: 1-7, T50: 3-9, T100: 8-12

Team C

19-11, RPI: 33, SOS: 16, T25: 1-7, T50: 3-9, T100:7-10, Loss @ #169.

Seed these teams.

Based on the information presented, which does not account for recent form, home/road, KenPom/Sagarin:

A

<gap>

BC

It really comes down to quality wins. Wake has no bad losses, but until last week, had almost no quality wins. Imagine what winning that Duke game at home would have done - there would be no bubble discussions.

With our RPI and KenPom we should be a lock already to get in, regardless of a bad loss to BC.

A BC win should give us better than the play-in game against another 11 seed, regardless of what happens against VT Wednesday night.

I cannot understand the respect the big east is getting . 7 teams from a league that has 2 good teams (nova is a great team). The other 5 teams would finish around 8th at best in the acc.

There aren't many leagues with bid stealing ability. If St Mary's or Gonzaga win, that's fine; same with dayton/VCU; only really threats are potentially MTU and if Illinois State beats Wichita.

The American Athletic too. A10 and that one are most likely to produce bid thieves, IMO

The Big Ten and Big East are benefiting from the fact there are a bunch of average teams in the RPI Top 26-50 slots in each conference that split games against each other and give each other RPI Top 50 wins.

The ACC only has three teams ranked in that area -- Wake, Miami and VT. Wake is 2-0 against those teams. Unfortunately for us we've played way more Top 25 opponents -- of which the ACC has 6 -- than teams from those other two conferences, which are harder to beat.

I don't think this will affect our ability to get in -- the committee will acknowledge the schedule we've faced. Whether we wind up in Dayton may be another matter though

I'm telling you guys, winning the ACCT will be a feather in our caps that the committee cannot ignore.

Back