• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

The Purdue/NW game is meaningless to us for the most part (except for a small bump if NW wins for our SOS I'd guess). But not sure I can stand the ESPN special on NW joining the rest of the college basketball world by finally making the NCAAT.

The Purdue/NW game is meaningless to us for the most part (except for a small bump if NW wins for our SOS I'd guess). But not sure I can stand the ESPN special on NW joining the rest of the college basketball world by finally making the NCAAT.

The NW cheerleading from the media is pretty awful. They're suddenly a lock for the tournament after their dramatic home win against RPI 49 Michigan. Not sure how their resume is better than ours.

The NW cheerleading from the media is pretty awful. They're suddenly a lock for the tournament after their dramatic home win against RPI 49 Michigan. Not sure how their resume is better than ours.

They beat us H2H.

The reason the media is all over Northwestern is because they all went to college there. Rovell, Greeny, Wilbon, etc will all be insufferable. Good story, but they are gonna hype it all the way up.

I don't understand the logic that goes into this. You have Michigan St at 18-13 and 10-8 in conf. With the two key ratings well into the 50's and higher. Wake is 18-12 and 9-9 with both ratings in the 30"s. How are they a lock and we still may have to win a couple in the ACC?

Northwestern loses. Best win: Dayton (neutral floor). Worst loss: Indiana (78 RPI). RPI 20 spots lower. Such a lock, though, because they beat Michigan at home on a hail mary!

(Second best win? Wake Forest!).

I don't understand the logic that goes into this. You have Michigan St at 18-13 and 10-8 in conf. With the two key ratings well into the 50's and higher. Wake is 18-12 and 9-9 with both ratings in the 30"s. How are they a lock and we still may have to win a couple in the ACC?

We're not in the 30s. We're 29.

Seth Allen "Wake punched their ticket with the win at VT".

Seth moving up.

Katz moving down (as Wake favorite)

What does Seth Greenberg say? Did he talk anymore about Illinois State deserving to be in over Wake?

Monmouth loses in the MAAC semifinals. Should not be an at-large team, but they're currently 46 in RPI.

There is no difference between us and Oklahoma state

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

This. The only differences I can see (which should cancel out): their 2 best wins were on the road, ours at home. Their worst losses aren't bad, but slightly worse than ours.

If they are a 7, we should be 8/9 at worst.

It looks like VT could drop out of the Top 50 if we beat them again.

Monmouth loses in the MAAC semifinals. Should not be an at-large team, but they're currently 46 in RPI.

I feel kinda bad for them since they've had two straight amazing seasons that won't result in the dance.

But their coach is King Rice so they're prolly cheatin like his alma mater

What does even playing BC do to our RPI?

No real change, RPIWizard predicts we'd just fall a spot by beating them.

Also projected to fall to 36th win a win over BC and loss to VT

And yeah, once the committee hits around the 7 seeds seeding will be nigh impossible

Wake Forest Demon Deacons (18-12; KenPom: 29 SOS: 16 Current Seed: No. 11) – Just looking at an upcoming matchup against Wake Forest will have an opposing coach gasping for breath. Danny Manning’s high-flying, John Ross-fast group burned rubber as they sprinted toward the checkered flag. Driving into the winner’s circle against Pittsburgh, Louisville and at Virginia Tech to end the ACC regular season, they’re in prime position to return to the NCAA’s main event for the first time since 2010, provided Boston College doesn’t deflate their tires Tuesday. Magnificent offensively, the Deacs rank No. 8 nationally in adjusted offensive efficiency. They feature three sharpshooters who net over 40 percent from distance (Keyshawn Woods, Mitchell Wilbekin and Austin Arians), commit few turnovers and attack the tin, drawing contact and twisting knives at the free throw line (77.0 FT%). Additionally, sophomore sensation Josh Collins, who’s registered a dozen double-doubles this year, is an unstoppable force in the paint. Wake’s defense ranks up there with fat guy pickup games (1.03 pts/poss allowed), but it has the necessary inside/outside presences to motor its way to a Sweet Sixteen berth.

Yeah, I don't see how people have Michigan St seeded that much higher than us. Seems that we are on par with them, if not higher.

Back