• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

Wake really needs that game @VT, IMO.

Loss there I think at the very least Wake needs two in Brooklyn. 14 losses is the most for an at-large team in the modern Tournament era.

Another team who emerged on the bubble tonight was Illinois.

Last edited:
Joey Brackets has Wake as the last team in the field, per his 11:15PM update.

14 losses is the most for an at-large team in the modern Tournament era, and the last team to get in as an at-large with 14 was in '08.

Incorrect, five teams made the dance with 14 losses in 2011. And with few mid-major at-large candidates this year, plenty of teams are gonna make it with a ton o' losses.

All that said, yes, we could use a win @ VT or whoever we play on Wed. of the ACCT to lock it up. Think we could still easily get in without it off the strength of our metrics and schedule, but I don't want to lose every hair folicle on Selection Sunday

Wake really needs that game @VT, IMO.

Loss there I think at the very least Wake needs two in Brooklyn. 14 losses is the most for an at-large team in the modern Tournament era, and the last team to get in as an at-large with 14 was in '08.

Another team who emerged on the bubble tonight was Illinois.

In a weak bubble season there is no way a Big Ten Conference having an atrocious year should beat out an ACC team Best Illni wins are 2 over NW. I think a win over VT puts Deacs solidly in (but the Big Ten has been bad this year getting way too much love in Lunardi's projections IMHO).

RPI up to 40
Kenpom up to 30

excited-baby.gif

Now KP's #7 offense. Hard to block an exciting offense like that from the dance.

Incorrect, five teams made the dance with 14 losses in 2011. And with few mid-major at-large candidates this year, plenty of teams are gonna make it with a ton o' losses.

All that said, yes, we could use a win @ VT or whoever we play on Wed. of the ACCT to lock it up. Think we could still easily get in without it off the strength of our metrics and schedule, but I don't want to lose every hair folicle on Selection Sunday

Forgot about that 2011 year as CBS has not updated one of their most loss metrics. I do think a loss against VT this weekend and Wake needs two in Brooklyn, as beating BC does nothing for Wake from a metic perspective.

But best of luck to you guys. I know I had some extremely nervous/exciting Selection Sundays in the Gottfried era, and man I sure do miss them.

Yep, good thing we won b/c we got just about zero help tonight.

Xavier better not make it, they're a dumpster fire w/o Sumner

Agreed. Right now on a neutral floor with out sumner, I think we would slap the shit out of them.

Just win 2 more. Doesn't matter which 2.

Win at vt should all but lock bid. Loss there with two acc tourney wins may be good.

Win one more and we are in I think.

This is my belief. If we only win our first acc tourney game , it will be a scary Sunday but I think we'd have to be in the play in game. If we win this Saturday, I think we are safely in (sans a terrible fist round acc loss- don't know who we'd play.)

This is my belief. If we only win our first acc tourney game , it will be a scary Sunday but I think we'd have to be in the play in game. If we win this Saturday, I think we are safely in (sans a terrible fist round acc loss- don't know who we'd play.)

If we win I think we get BC because we have the tie breaker over GT assuming they win at Cuse.

The latest measure they are tossing around is no team that wasn't 4 games over 500 has gotten in since ... a long time.

The latest measure they are tossing around is no team that wasn't 4 games over 500 has gotten in since ... a long time.

Not exactly sure what that means but Cuse got in way back in 2013 at 19-13 (9-9).

If we win I think we get BC because we have the tie breaker over GT assuming they win at Cuse.

Believe you mean assuming GT loses at Cuse, which is very likely. They will be approx 10 point dogs. That would lock up the 10 seed and BC on Tuesday for us, regardless of our result in Blacksburg

Back