• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

Congrats to the ACC Regular Season Champs....and their signature road win against....WF?!?
Lost at Miami.
Lost at Duke.
Lost at UVa.
Lost at GT.
Did NOT play AT FSU.
Did NOT play AT Louisville.
Did NOT play AT ND.
Did NOT play AT Syracuse.
Did NOT play AT Virginia Tech.

Also the NCAA's main selection committee site (http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/mens-basketball-selections-101-committee) says:

Conference representatives cannot be in the room when teams from their conference are being discussed for inclusion, nor are they allowed to vote for them. Same goes for a school representative, who cannot participate in or vote for their own school.

Committee members are assigned to conferences to monitor play throughout the season.

Again, this is from years ago, when I followed this shit much more closely. I'm 99% sure it was a Jerry Palm article, in fact, that pointed out that the composition of the committee mattered. His quote was along the lines of: "yes, members have to leave the room. Then they come back into the room and everyone - colleagues with whom the member has forged a relationship - has to look that committee member in the eye".

So if White is a decent politician, and I would assume he is given the position he holds, and if he believes 1)WFU is the ACC bubble team who most deserves a bid and 2)it's in the ACC's best interests to get WFU in, then he will have some level of influence.

Oh yeah, I completely agree with those sentiments. Ron picked a horrible time for us to be awful, given that his time on the committee basically overlapped with the Bz era.

And White WILL be in the room when we're discussed and can vote on us, so he can play a major role in helping us out

Oh yeah, I completely agree with those sentiments. Ron picked a horrible time for us to be awful, given that his time on the committee basically overlapped with the Bz era.

And White WILL be in the room when we're discussed and can vote on us, so he can play a major role in helping us out

And WFU had his team beaten in Winston and had a golden chance to steal one in Durham

It couldn't hurt to pull for Wisconsin to beat Iowa. They said on ESPN that Lubardi said that Iowa is back in the conversation with a win tonight. Which actually seems about right, already 47 RPI and 4 top 50 wins. We do NOT want another B1G team on the bubble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iowa's RPI is in the 90s. The committee is going to have to leave some Big Ten teams at home, fortunately for us all. But sure, go Wisconsin to kill off any hopes.

I didn't include MTSU due to the aforementioned spread, but they do rally from an amazing 20-1 hole. Hopefully the committee's paying attention to this subpar effort. Kenpom surely is

Iowa's RPI is in the 90s. The committee is going to have to leave some Big Ten teams at home, fortunately for us all. But sure, go Wisconsin to kill off any hopes.

I didn't include MTSU due to the aforementioned spread, but they do rally from an amazing 20-1 hole. Hopefully the committee's paying attention to this subpar effort. Kenpom surely is

You're right I was looking at the wrong number. They are at 90. Hard to imagine them getting consideration at all but Lunardi also thinks GT last four out which makes no sense whatsoever

To paraphrase coach Clawson "we want to play meaningful games in Nov"... it is so enjoyable to be playing meaningful basketball games in March.

Percent of updated brackets each team appears in. There are 8 spots for these 12 teams before bid stealers.

Seton Hall - 57/59 - 97%
Xavier - 56/59 - 97%
USC - 56/59 - 97%
Providence - 56/59 - 95%
Wake - 46/59 - 78%
Syracuse - 41/59 - 69%
Illinois state- 36/59 - 61%
Illinois - 33/59 - 56%
California- 32/59 - 54%
Rhode Island- 23/59 - 39%
Vanderbilt - 14/59 - 24%
Kansas state - 9/59 - 15%

I still wouldn't lose too much sleep over flippin' Iowa.

Purdue and Minnesota are the only Big Ten teams that deserve better than an 8 seed

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. Cal needed a win to get off the bubble and they're losing by 29 at Utah. Hilarious.

Back