• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

Usually there isn't much separation between teams seeded 7th-11th. This year is probably an extreme case of that.

Wouldn't be hugely surprised if we wound up anywhere in that range

Izzo blaming the media for why the 'perception' that the Big 10 is so down. This works if you are the team on top lobbying for the conference, not so much when you could be a bubble team.

Says the ACC did a good job 'marketing' themselves.

The ACC marketed itself 9-5 over the Big Ten back in November.

Sure. We are better off winning. It just gives the haters an excuse to hate without understanding we beat a Top 50 team twice so they dropped out.

Wake Forest Demon Deacons (18-12; KenPom: 29 SOS: 16 Current Seed: No. 11) – Just looking at an upcoming matchup against Wake Forest will have an opposing coach gasping for breath. Danny Manning’s high-flying, John Ross-fast group burned rubber as they sprinted toward the checkered flag. Driving into the winner’s circle against Pittsburgh, Louisville and at Virginia Tech to end the ACC regular season, they’re in prime position to return to the NCAA’s main event for the first time since 2010, provided Boston College doesn’t deflate their tires Tuesday. Magnificent offensively, the Deacs rank No. 8 nationally in adjusted offensive efficiency. They feature three sharpshooters who net over 40 percent from distance (Keyshawn Woods, Mitchell Wilbekin and Austin Arians), commit few turnovers and attack the tin, drawing contact and twisting knives at the free throw line (77.0 FT%). Additionally, sophomore sensation Josh Collins, who’s registered a dozen double-doubles this year, is an unstoppable force in the paint. Wake’s defense ranks up there with fat guy pickup games (1.03 pts/poss allowed), but it has the necessary inside/outside presences to motor its way to a Sweet Sixteen berth.

Josh Collins sounds like a good player.

Lunardi still has Illinois State as the last team in, although he admits they won't get in. So it is basically what he thinks should happen instead of what he thinks will happen.

They have one top 50 win. Wichita State. They also lost to Wichita State by 41 in the regular season and 20 in the conference title game.

Lunardi still has Illinois State as the last team in, although he admits they won't get in. So it is basically what he thinks should happen instead of what he thinks will happen.

Then he's dumb because nobody's paying him for what he thinks ought to happen. He's either being lazy or he's admitting that he doesn't have a clue. Better to just pick a team and make a case for them.

our resume has become pretty bulletproof over the last couple of weeks and prognosticators haven't caught up yet.

just take care of BC and i think when all is said and done not even in the first 4 games.

The Bracket Matrix does not have much difference between MSU and Wake. Only a loss to BC puts the bid in jeopardy. Plus, others have to step up and win games: Rhode Island, Illinois, KSU and Cal.

Wake is in better shape than Syracuse because the committee is not going to look kindly on that pathetic OOC schedule.

http://bracketmatrix.com/

Wake Forest Demon Deacons (18-12; KenPom: 29 SOS: 16 Current Seed: No. 11) – Just looking at an upcoming matchup against Wake Forest will have an opposing coach gasping for breath. Danny Manning’s high-flying, John Ross-fast group burned rubber as they sprinted toward the checkered flag. Driving into the winner’s circle against Pittsburgh, Louisville and at Virginia Tech to end the ACC regular season, they’re in prime position to return to the NCAA’s main event for the first time since 2010, provided Boston College doesn’t deflate their tires Tuesday. Magnificent offensively, the Deacs rank No. 8 nationally in adjusted offensive efficiency. They feature three sharpshooters who net over 40 percent from distance (Keyshawn Woods, Mitchell Wilbekin and Austin Arians), commit few turnovers and attack the tin, drawing contact and twisting knives at the free throw line (77.0 FT%). Additionally, sophomore sensation Josh Collins, who’s registered a dozen double-doubles this year, is an unstoppable force in the paint. Wake’s defense ranks up there with fat guy pickup games (1.03 pts/poss allowed), but it has the necessary inside/outside presences to motor its way to a Sweet Sixteen berth.

Looks like Lennox came out of retirement!

Then he's dumb because nobody's paying him for what he thinks ought to happen. He's either being lazy or he's admitting that he doesn't have a clue. Better to just pick a team and make a case for them.

It is not up to Lunardi to make a case for anybody. He tries to hit all 68 teams that are going dancing and better yet he tries to hit all of their seeds. Granted 32 teams are automatically taken care of for him by the conferences by next Sunday afternoon's tourney's so all he has to figure out is the other 36. Still he doesn't usually miss but bout 1 per year. That said, he has us in a First Four game in Dayton against Vandy and has Mich St in a 10 seed with a "red down arrow" but still not in his last four in or even last four seeds like Marquette or Seton Hall. Get me a victory Tuesday against BC and I feel a lot better just because! And at 27-6, I would say that Lunardi is correct in having Ill St in at an 11 seed. They are going to put some extra at-large mid-majors in the Tourney and a 27 win teams is a pretty good bet for a bid.

How much does it help us if UNCG wins the Southern, Bucknell wins the Patriot, and Charleston wins the CAA? I seem to recall analysis in the past looking at record against teams in the field.

Also, I'd like another crack at Northwestern the way we're playing now. I think we'd wear them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Fuck fuck fuck. It has to come down to us needing a victory in the first round of the ACC tournament? That's bullshit. We shouldn't have to beat the same team 3 times to make it in.

How much does it help us if UNCG wins the Southern, Bucknell wins the Patriot, and Charleston wins the CAA? I seem to recall analysis in the past looking at record against teams in the field.

Also, I'd like another crack at Northwestern the way we're playing now. I think we'd wear them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if UNCG makes it, DR will be even more obnoxious, so...

It is not up to Lunardi to make a case for anybody. He tries to hit all 68 teams that are going dancing and better yet he tries to hit all of their seeds. Granted 32 teams are automatically taken care of for him by the conferences by next Sunday afternoon's tourney's so all he has to figure out is the other 36. Still he doesn't usually miss but bout 1 per year. That said, he has us in a First Four game in Dayton against Vandy and has Mich St in a 10 seed with a "red down arrow" but still not in his last four in or even last four seeds like Marquette or Seton Hall. Get me a victory Tuesday against BC and I feel a lot better just because! And at 27-6, I would say that Lunardi is correct in having Ill St in at an 11 seed. They are going to put some extra at-large mid-majors in the Tourney and a 27 win teams is a pretty good bet for a bid.

like last year when he had St Mary's St Bonaventure and San Diego State in the field? http://bracketmatrix.com/matrix_2016.html

Or the year before when he missed two?

It is well known that he has a bias for wanting mid majors in the field. Illinois State is not getting in with one top 50 win when they lost to that same team the two other times they played by a combined 62 points. They have one road top 150 win.

Last edited:
Back