• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

Fuck if anyone mentions statistics in any capacity, Cuff, Kegan, etc.. Doofus wants to blow them.

In all seriousness, Dalen Cuff calls a really good game. He did one of our games earlier in the year and I was really impressed with him. Good utilization of statistics and clearly did his research on us. I disagree with him here, but really liked what he brought to the table.

ETA: It was a conference game that I am remembering because I was at Richmond. I think it may have been Virginia.

Weird that he's so anti-stats assessing Wake now then.

That's because it shows understanding of how useful they are in measuring the game beyond the "eye test", which fails very frequently.

Advanced stats seemed to fail ol' Kegan in his POY vote. And this dude Cuff in his bracketology.

Pretty sure that was the guy that I disliked when he did our game and most here praised. See I told you he sucked.

You were criticizing '07 Wake grad Evan Lepler. This is Dalen Cuff. Easy to get the two confused

You were criticizing '07 Wake grad Evan Lepler. This is Dalen Cuff. Easy to get the two confused

I never criticized Evan, others did. I said Cuff sucked because he over analyzed every single play. It was annoying and provided no flow to the game/commentary.

Dalen Cuff called the ND game & was praised by many on the boards.

Guy on the right on ESPN2's basketball show giving DM some love, says he should have been considered for ACC COY based on Wake's performance down the stretch.

Dalen Cuff called the ND game & was praised by many on the boards.

This is why people need to be more selective with their praise. All you are betas that probably throw around I love you on the second date.

Danny manning currently getting props for his big man coaching acumen.

Subject to change.

ok so going back in time: we went from a quasi-must win vs UL to get us a marquee top 10 win which was missing, then we needed a win AT VT to get ourselves to .500 in the best conference in the land, now we need to win a somewhat otherwise meaningless game in first round vs BC to get in. From a pure basketball and being a competitor aspect, you need to beat the 14 seed but from an NCAA qualification/RPI/other metric standpoint , it makes no sense that we need to win this game. Had we lost either of the 2 other games you could make that case but by winning those difficult games particularly in the regular season, we've done what we need to do to qualify. The ACC should mainly be about seeding at this point for WF.
The guy next to Greenberg just said that Wake needs to win at least two games in the ACC Tournament.

ok so going back in time: we went from a quasi-must win vs UL to get us a marquee top 10 win which was missing, then we needed a win AT VT to get ourselves to .500 in the best conference in the land, now we need to win a somewhat otherwise meaningless game in first round vs BC to get in. From a pure basketball and being a competitor aspect, you need to beat the 14 seed but from an NCAA qualification/RPI/other metric standpoint , it makes no sense that we need to win this game. Had we lost either of the 2 other games you could make that case but by winning those difficult games particularly in the regular season, we've done what we need to do to qualify. The ACC should mainly be about seeding at this point for WF.

If we don't win today we won't be in the NCAA tournament. Right or wrong, we won't be if we lose today.

Wake wins this they are in. Period. Will probably end up with a lower seed than these guys are saying. Remember all this talk is to generate viewers

Back