• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brad Stevens looks like a nerd

It's going to sting even worse if/when NCSU and Debbie Yow make a great hire for the Wuffies.

I just feel like Wake Forest basketball is dead.

The fall of Wake sports from the "golden era" circa 2006 to now is rivaled only by the fall from grace of one Ron Wellman from 2006 to present.

yea this blows, considering I entered Wake Forest in 2006. Suffice it to say that I'm becoming particularly jaded at this point.

I have heard a lot about the [Redacted] hiring and at no point have I heard anything about Chris Mooney. This does not mean he was not pursued, but if he was it was close to the vest.

The names I have heard (in this order) are Stevens, Smith, Brownell. Stevens turned the job down. We did not have enough money to hire Tubby. Brownell and Wellman were unable to reach a contract agreement with the assistant issue, and Wellman panicked and called Jeff.

I cannot confirm this is 100% true, but I'm very close to the situation.

If this means that we could've had Brownell but that Wellman wouldn't budge on his insistence that Brownell take on Dino's assistants, then I think I'm going to kill someone.

It's going to sting even worse if/when NCSU and Debbie Yow make a great hire for the Wuffies.

I just feel like Wake Forest basketball is dead.

I was telling my wife last night that GT and NCSU could well make great hires with young, energetic, exciting coaches and I will be even more depressed about the future of WFU basketball.

I was telling my wife last night that GT and NCSU could well make great hires with young, energetic, exciting coaches and I will be even more depressed about the future of WFU basketball.

At least we'll always have culture. :noidea:

Taking the names off the back will result in atleast 4-6 more wins. Guaranteed.

Was money an issue with Stevens? Could we have gotten him if we offered more?

Back