• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brad Stevens looks like a nerd

Appreciate your openness, it's been illuminating.

How about this one: was the decision already made to hire [Redacted] when Dino's termination was announced?

Appreciate your openness, it's been illuminating.

How about this one: was the decision already made to hire [Redacted] when Dino's termination was announced?

From my sources, no.

And I have heard many things about an alleged Dino affair, but nothing solid.

Wow...
So all of the nonsense spit out by Wellman and Bz that there was no deal in place to keep the assitants is a bunch of bull shit?! If we could have really had Brownell and Battle (as much as I like him) and Rusty killed the deal Wellman is even more incompetent than I thought. Fuck
This is right up there with Fowler fumbling around and having to settle for Lowe in my opinion. He needs to be fired.

The fall of Wake sports from the "golden era" circa 2006 to now is rivaled only by the fall from grace of one Ron Wellman from 2006 to present.

Wow...
So all of the nonsense spit out by Wellman and Bz that there was no deal in place to keep the assitants is a bunch of bull shit?! If we could have really had Brownell and Battle (as much as I like him) and Rusty killed the deal Wellman is even more incompetent than I thought. Fuck
This is right up there with Fowler fumbling around and having to settle for Lowe in my opinion. He needs to be fired.

If what has been said is true then Wellman should be terminated himself. It looks more and more like a series of bad decisions, not just one. To be frank, it looks like incompetence.

Absolutely terrible way to handle a critical hire in our premier sport.

Well I'm officially canceling my insider on Monday (I tried to today, but when I clicked on the link a pop-up comes up saying I have to call to cancel). I've received more information here this weekend than I have in the past 6 months over there.

Thanks for ruining what was Wake Forest basketball Mr. Wellman.

If what has been said is true then Wellman should be terminated himself. It looks more and more like a series of bad decisions, not just one. To be frank, it looks like incompetence.

Absolutely terrible way to handle a critical hire in our premier sport.

I was referencing Wellman when I said he should be fired (wasn't clear in my post).

The fall of Wake sports from the "golden era" circa 2006 to now is rivaled only by the fall from grace of one Ron Wellman from 2006 to present.

I really want to drink a beer with you. I think we'd get along magically. :nohomo: :NTTIAWWT:

Well I'm officially canceling my insider on Monday (I tried to today, but when I clicked on the link a pop-up comes up saying I have to call to cancel). I've received more information here this weekend than I have in the past 6 months over there.

Thanks for ruining what was Wake Forest basketball Mr. Wellman.

Funny thing is if he (or his minions) didn't provoke Irish and myself these boards never would have happened.

Hubris is a dangerous thing, Ron. You did this to yourself.

I was referencing Wellman when I said he should be fired (wasn't clear in my post).

I actually didn't even see that line. For a depiction of what was going on in my mind, see video below:

Wow. Brad Stevens would have been a huge get.

No worries though, we got [Redacted]. :rulz:

How in the world does Wellman justify not hiring Brownell because he wants to keep Rusty and Battle while at the same time he lets Grobe keep the same assistants? I'm not saying he should tell Grobe what to do, but he also shouldn't have told Brownell what to do. I get more mad every day as I watch our program get flushed down the toilet.

How in the world does Wellman justify not hiring Brownell because he wants to keep Rusty and Battle while at the same time he lets Grobe keep the same assistants? I'm not saying he should tell Grobe what to do, but he also shouldn't have told Brownell what to do. I get more mad every day as I watch our program get flushed down the toilet.

That is very damning.

Has there be any corroboration on the rumor that Dino found out that he was to be terminated from someone who saw a post on scout (presumably premium)?

Wellman doesn't have to justify anything to you. He is above the law.

Let's be clear here. Wellman is not above the law, he is the law.

Don't you just love that. They make it super easy to sign up and a pain in the ass to quit. :mad:

Back