• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brady Un-Retiring

Brady Retiring

Next year is the last year of his contract. No reason to make a move unless they get a good trade offer. Play out the contract and then move forward with a 23 year old Lance in his 3rd year.

It seems that the 49ers have a Super Bowl caliber team but not a Super Bowl caliber quarterback. He's not going to get better.

Is Trey Lance going to be better right now? Seems like sticking with Jimmy G and letting Lance beat him for the job makes more sense.

I doubt Lance is ready but the Niners need to be in win now mode, not win three years from now mode. And Garopolo's dead cap is only $1.4 million.

I doubt Lance is ready but the Niners need to be in win now mode, not win three years from now mode. And Garopolo's dead cap is only $1.4 million.

This seems contradictory to me. Lance probably won't be ready and the Niners need to be in win now mode, so go ahead and play Lance?

Never saw the criticism of Jimmy G.
Is the guy Top 10? No way.
But there would be at least 15 NFL Teams that would make him the starter.
Lance (may) be the starter in the future but I don't see Jimmy losing his starting role in SF just right yet.

Seems doubtful

Brady's cap hit for 2022 is $20.3 million. Cousins's is $45 million.

Cousins is getting cut I believe. They save $45mil in cap space by cutting him. But yeah, Tampa is in a bind. They have a lot of FAs and no cap space. Maybe they do let Trask have a shot.

And I agree that SF moves on from Jimmy G. He has a decent trade value, and whoever gets him does so at a reasonable $27mil salary - not too expensive for an average QB. That decision was made when they traded up for Lance.

The NFCS and NFCN are going to both be atrocious next year.

Clearly Arians is a better coach than Gase and Rhule. He can get more out of Darnold.

And I thought he was trying to be classy by waiting until after the Superbowl. Should've known.

Waiting after the Super Bowl would be trying to steal the spotlight from the winner. Tuesday after the conference championships is the "classy" day to retire.

Biden Promises To Replace Retiring Quarterback Tom Brady With A Woman Of Color

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Legendary quarterback Tom Brady has announced his plan to retire from the NFL to spend more time carving little wooden toys for his grandkids. In response to the earth-shattering news, President Joe Biden has announced his commitment to replace the outgoing football star with a woman of color.

"Listen, folks, it's time," said Biden to the press. "In the hundred-year history of the NFL, not a single quarterback has ever been a woman of color. That's racist! We all know that poor women are just as smart and powerful as white kids. As president, I will nominate a new quarterback to replace Tom Brady that reflects America's diversity."

When told he doesn't have the authority to nominate quarterbacks to the NFL, Biden told his staff he would just sign the executive order and let the courts deal with it later.

"There's no excuse," said Biden. When I used to play Nine Pins with Jehoshaphat Jenkins and the townsfolk, we always used to let the black women play with us. I was a civil rights hero, darn it! It's time for the rest of the world to catch up!"

So far, candidates being considered for the empty position include Michelle Obama, Tyler Perry, and Colin Kaepernick in a woman's wig.

For those of you who cannot tell the difference between a Babylon Bee parody story and a real news story I have graciously decided to share the link:

https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-p...g-quarterback-tom-brady-with-a-woman-of-color

4a5abd4d1affdc11cf9dd549fe190a43.jpg

I'll grant you this: Biden does the Biden parody bit better than anyone else, including the Babylon Bee. Can you tell when it's just normal Biden, or Biden doing a parody of himself?

Please keep the politics from a sundowner's perspective on the politics board please.

Back