• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Braves v. Dodgers, NLDS

Who will win, how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
given that you almost never know what the hell you're saying i feel better.

11 strike-outs with 2 out in 7th. Yep, really bad outing.

Finished for the night: 12 strike-outs and gave up 3 hits through 7 innings.

Last edited:
BKF what on earth are you talking about? Kershaw was in control tonight and many of his pitches were just outside the zone.

Agree with BFK. If you watch Kershaw at all, tonight he was not on. He had two walks in the entire month of August. He had more than that tonight. The curveball wasn't on.

Whats standard fare for playoff tickets down in the ATL? Wanna compare to stubhub prices down here. Like lower level towards the back behind home? Nosebleeds?

For tonight, you can get crappy nosebleeds for $20-25. Nosebleeds directly behind home plate are around $40. Terrace level (2nd level) directly behind home plate are around $110 (but only 6 available). Lower level directly behind home plate range from around $150 to $275 depending on row.

Guys, everybody became "bandwagon" fans of the Braves during the 70s and 80s because they were on TV all of the time...............when they were regularly one of the worst teams in MLB.

:tard:

Same with the Cubs.

I said that he settled down after the 4th inning....but he wasn't sharp in those first four innings. Three more feet on McCann's drive and it would have been a ballgame. He threw 31 pitches that were balls in those 4 innings and allowed 5 baserunners. That's not awful, I suppose....but I doubt that Kershaw thought it was up to his normal standards. Everything worked out well, anyway. Hope Greinke is sharp tomorrow (though I'm not starting him in this series), because I really like Ryu in game #3 at home. (That's why I started him on my playoff fantasy team. Same for Tigers' #3 starter Sanchez at home. Wainwright & Kershaw came thru for me today. Need Lester & Scherzer tomorrow. Left Greinke & Verlander on my bench for this opening series, because you only use 6 SPs in your starting lineup. Everything went great today. My hitters had good games as well as my pitchers. .371 average with 2 HRs, 6 runs & 6 RBIs. Looking forward to seeing where I am when the standings come out in the morning. I've got to be in pretty good shape.)

ETA: I'm afraid I will have to miss part of the games tomorrow. It's my 45th wedding anniversary....and I don't think my wife wants us to celebrate it by watching 11 straight hours of baseball from 1 PM until midnight.

agreed on kershaw and congrats.

People who are wrong:

Braves in 4: 1834, ATLDeac, Baconwfu, bojanglefunk, Bubbadeac, DeacHawk, DieselDeac, Go, HCF3, JackBauer, Pilchard, tau06, The Stig, TheTwinAndreBen, wakecooke, WilmingtonDeac, YoungBuck95
Dodgers in 3: bernbp5, bobknightfan, BullDeacLaw, CarlSpackler88, deac29, demondeacfreak, inspectah, murray state, Rolfe, Screamindemon3, wsc8521s

Kind of a stinky, desperate move by LA. Are they really scared of Medlen in Game 5?

Fucks up his ability to have multiple starts in NLCS if they make it as well.

Back