• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Breaking Bad - Final Season - SEASON 5 (Part II) Premieres Aug. 11

Hank has a knack for surviving seemingly impossible situations (gun fight versus Tuco, bombing in Mexico, the cousins). Somehow I think Hank gets out alive plus Gilligan hasn't killed off any popular characters (except Mike who was only around for a short period of time) yet and I think that Hank is one of the most well liked characters on the show. I think Marie gets a bad feeling about it, tracks his phone and shows up with some Schraderbrau. Nazis like good beer so they all make peace.

My guesses - Gomez is killed in the shootout, while Hank is wounded and captured. On the Nazi side, either Todd or uncle Jack dies. My guess is Jack dies. Jesse escapes.

The Nazi guys are going to execute Hank, but Walt intervenes and convinces them to hold Hank hostage; in return Walt will cook for them (Todd dead) or teach Todd the finer points of cooking that he obviously missed the first time (if he's alive). Neither side has any intention of living up to the bargain.

Hank and Walt have time to discuss the situation and the fact that Walt saved Hank's life. Think of it as a final clearing of the air. Walt gasses the gang during the cook (remember they don't like the gas masks) and makes his escape with Hank. Todd/Jack manages to kill a slow moving Hank during the escape.

Skyler and Marie have a confrontation over their missing husbands...maybe starting with Marie gloating over the arrest. It becomes physical and Flynn joins in, knocking Marie out with one of his braces. Skylar flees with family. When Marie finds out Hank is dead, she trashes Walt's house.

Walt is concerned about Jesse, due both to family safety and Jesse now knowing where the money is buried. Neither is real anxious to return to the scene of the shootout. Walt kidnaps Brock to regain control over Jesse (remember the odd way Walt and Brock looked at each other). This ties into iodeac's report "Walt is yelling to someone over a cell phone "Toe the line or you'll wind up like {Redacted}" . Also, Walt has something "extremely important in his possession, something more valuable than 1,000 gallons of methylamine, something that a certain someone desperately wants back". Jesse is forced into becoming Lydia's cook, in exchange Brock is freed. Walt thus makes peace with the gang and retrieves his money.

Walt finds his family and they move to New Hampshire ("Live free or die") with the aid of Saul's fixer. Walt fakes his own death before leaving.

Walt returns to NM to avenge Hank's death and free Jesse. Lydia and remaining gang members are killed (Yeah, science). Walt and Jesse, two broken and worn out men, have a final conversation. They settle their differences as much as they can, then Walt, nearing the end of his battle with cancer, commits suicide via ricin

Have you been hanging out with Badger and Skinny Pete?

Hank and Gomez only have handguns, right? How many rounds can they possibly have?

Hank and Gomez only have handguns, right? How many rounds can they possibly have?

When Hank confronted Tuco he had at least one extra clip (plus this is tv). A gimpy Hank strikes me as the type that comes prepared and always keeps one in the chamber.

Gomez has a shotgun, but that was a great part of the scene. Hank emptying his handgun in futility at the crew and Gomez looking up in anguish as he took cover knowing he was screwed. Just a miserable spot to be in. Maybe Hank throws his gun at them to start the next episode...

There's also Walt's handgun sitting in the sand a few yards away...

Tons of No Country for Old Men allusions in this season.

If Gilligan is going for that then Walt gets away wounded, Jesse dies, Hank survives and the Nazis die.

Looking further into this I'm almost certain Hank will survive a la Ed Tom but will never be the same. The show will conclude with Hank talking to Marie about being overmatched maybe in their backyard as the sun sets. The more I think about it Breaking Bad is No Country for Old men.

Jesse was the accidental partner; a drifter like Moss, who happened into a fortune and had no idea what to do with it only to be killed by a true criminal. The cartel, not Chigurh, kills Moss in No Country for Old Men. I expect the Nazis take Jesse out.

Walt is Chigurh. The ultimate badass; smarter than the rest and luckier but still vulnerable.
Gomez is Hank's sidekick just like Ed Tom's Wendell.

In "Salud" Walt refers to Walt Jr as Jesse. In NCFOM, Chigurh is hellbent on revenge which makes complete sense if Jesse dies and Walt returns to avenge Jesse's death.

So Jesse dies in gun fight, Hank survives and Walt disappears into the night only to return to kill Uncle Jack et al.

Ug but now that I think about it everyone in the show calls Jesse "kid" and there have been several young character who died.

Last edited:
Don't think I buy Walt as Chigurh. Chigurh's actions were dictated by a strict moral code, even if it was completely evil (e.g. When he kills Moss' wife solely because he promised Moss he would). On the other hand, Walt is a ruthless pragmatist willing to bend or "break" his code in order to protect his own self interests.

While Walt and Jesse are watching Scarface Walt remarks that "Everyone dies in this movie, don't they?"

Wut.

BT-bxw3IIAAV30h.jpg:large

Just watched the last episode again. A few observations:
Lydia also keeps her mask on when Jack and gang remove theirs
When Walt calls Jack to rescue him, Todd and at least one other guy put bulletproof vests on
The gang has an M-16, a AA-12 and at least one other semi or auto - maybe a M-60.

Last edited:
The last 10 minutes is such a mindfuck, especially the second Walt spots the cars and the music changes. Such a gut-punch.

Also, I think I've watched the animated Ozymandias video about 10 times this week. It's a perfect way to frame the last few episodes of this show.

Back