• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Breaking Bad Mafia (Civs win!)

4sRRNwg.gif

Can we just all agree that Gooner's watcher fake claim is one of the worst mafia plays on this board?

RSF was driving me crazy.

You didn't have to make a claim in this game either.

He did. Thought ryala was cop. Claiming that he watched himself was all he could really do since tracker was dead. Only mistake was saying he watched himself every night.

Which was a big mistake. In retrospect claiming that his role only allowed himself to watch himself might have worked.

He did. Thought ryala was cop. Claiming that he watched himself was all he could really do since tracker was dead. Only mistake was saying he watched himself every night.

I still didn't understand what he was doing there. You had ryala. Why not just hit him at night?

I still didn't understand what he was doing there. You had ryala. Why not just hit him at night?

Cop would claim. He was trying to get ahead of it - needed to get him there because we didn't have strongman anymore

Cop would claim. He was trying to get ahead of it - needed to get him there because we didn't have strongman anymore

well, he should have claimed cop then and said ryala was mafia or something. Claiming watcher that watched himself all game was LOL. He was pretty clear with the smidge vote.

Yeah, assuming I'm the cop, I come out and nail gooner on that day. Thought process was good, execution was lacking.

Yeah, assuming I'm the cop, I come out and nail gooner on that day. Thought process was good, execution was lacking.

Gooner's Thoughts:

1) Shit Ryala has me, gotta get out in front
2) Wait, Ryala would react differently if cop
3) I have made a grave error

Ok, now is the time to differentiate between bussing a teammate and merely making a play to blend in as civ.

I did not bus Smidge. I saw an opportunity to make a play that would make me a civ lean. Bussing a teammate is when you start a run on a teammate that otherwise would not have had momentum towards a lynch, or when you pile on a teammate to finish him off when otherwise they would have a chance at survival.

I put Smidge in a situation where he was still able to survive if the votes fell correctly, and they were very close to doing so. Multiple civs said they thought he should live with his claim. But it also put me in an advantageous position for the team as a civ leaning player that any civ specials that could detect me (watcher, tracker, etc.) would think made sense that I was also a civ special.

I also did not know he had the poison pill and nigh have played it differently otherwise. But I don't understand why I still have a bussing reputation from two years ago.

Since I cant chat on the new mafia thread, what do you Hawks think of my boy Whit Merrifield at 2nd for the Royals? He grew up just a few miles up the road from me and is loving his time in KC.

Since I cant chat on the new mafia thread, what do you Hawks think of my boy Whit Merrifield at 2nd for the Royals? He grew up just a few miles up the road from me and is loving his time in KC.

Dude can play ball. Glad we have him

Back