• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Breaking down the Tunnels' favorite conservative myth

eh, is this serious? You seem to not grasp any of this. Your almost literal interpretation of the term is bewildering. And that last sentence sounds like something your mommy tells you when you complain that you aren't tall enough to ride the ride at the fair and have to get on the kiddie ride. Why is your worldview so oversimplified? This is a macroeconomic issue that has real-world fixes with historical, empirical data to back them up.

My bad. You carry on with your real world solutions that are working so well. I see poverty is almost eliminated and race relations are at an all time high. Lets just keep doing what we are doing but this time lets do it twice as hard.

Who are you even talking about? This is about the working poor - people who already are busting their asses and cannot get ahead the way their fathers and mothers once did in this country. This is about people who know damn good and well that the deck is most certainly stacked against them who still get out there and work and get dick for it, but watch the owner class get richer at unprecedented levels.

And this is your answer to that?

:thumbsup:

My bad. You carry on with your real world solutions that are working so well. I see poverty is almost eliminated and race relations are at an all time high. Lets just keep doing what we are doing but this time lets do it twice as hard.

the solutions aren't in place, Einstein. jesus man are you for real?

Millennials definitely created the concept of keeping up with the Joneses.

Keeping up with the Joneses is basement level for Millennials. You are trying to keep up with the Joneses' virtual likeness. You are trying to keep up with something that doesn't even exist and its image is completely manipulated by its user. It is the ultimate con.

Keeping up with the Joneses is basement level for Millennials. You are trying to keep up with the Joneses' virtual likeness. You are trying to keep up with something that doesn't even exist and its image is completely manipulated by its user. It is the ultimate con.

Who were the actual Joneses? I bet they were some cool looking suburbanites.

At 1:59 am last night, Strickland neg repped this post. Any theories on why?

I'm going to go with "belligerent drunk, Bob."

I think Strickland is on Pac Time, but people still get turnt up at 11:00 too.

I probably agree with this - I was just confused by your first post's relevance to the thread.

Kids these days, especially on social media, are just trying to cultivate the best possible versions of themselves to show off to the world. It's not a new practice, but it's made so much easier by technology, and this generation of "everybody is special" turns Facebook likes into participation trophies.

I heard you guys are talking about high school basketball players in here

What's up?

Back