• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brittney Griner... A Man...

You gotta feel bad for Skylar Diggins.....Griner gets to go to Phoenix, Delle Donne to Chicago, and she ends up in Tulsa.

Seriously, who cares? If he wanted it to be public knowledge it would be so he clearly doesn't. Why not just respect that?

Yeah I don't buy that EDD is ghey.

And "ghey" auto corrected to "ghetto." I don't buy that either.

I was just thinking that I don't remember knowing or caring if any of the women on the team when I was there were lesbians or not.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if this fits into the culture. Obvious Jen Averill is a lesbian but Wellman didn't hire her and a firing would definitely be looked at as discrimination.

Have we had any out gay or lesbian athletes?

Pretty positive Lindsay Seawright was not gay and remains straight to this day. Maybe she and Peral's kid can help us beat out Williams/Parker's spawn.

Hope so. Always liked her. I bet their kid is smart as well.

Gutsy? She's an openly gay future WNBA star.

Oh, the discrimination she must feel from those who follow and participate in women's sports...

Yeah this is my stand as well. I am more surprised when I find out that someone who plays women's sports at this level is straight than when I find out that one is gay. Also, to the point of this thread, I am more convinced she is a woman than a man. Yes her voice is deep, but her bone structure, facial features, and body type seem to indiciate she is a woman and not just an extremely weak/skinny 6-8 man.

Openly out from our major sports? Not that I can think of.

One of our basketball players in the past few years was gay and had a hidden relationship with another athlete in a non-revenue sport.

There was a football player during my time at Wake (01-05) who was never, to my knowledge, openly gay in college, but a female friend of mine at NC State went to high school with him and said he was out back then.

Oh, and I would bet my left nut that Brittney Griner, while having lady parts on the outside, is part male on the inside - like Caster Semenya. Remember Griner pulled out of the Olympics for shady reasons ... the Olympics, unlike the NCAA, does gender testing.

There was a football player during my time at Wake (01-05) who was never, to my knowledge, openly gay in college, but a female friend of mine at NC State went to high school with him and said he was out back then.

Well now I'm just curious re: the bball player and football player. I really could not care less who someone wants to bone, just curious

Back