• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brittney Griner... A Man...

It's not a double standard. It's the same standard. Both are treated as de facto members of the opposite sex and that's wrong.

Correct. The point I was trying to make is that to the average idiot sportsfan, a masculine woman is considered a positive when it comes to athletics. The opposite is not true.

Correct. The point I was trying to make is that to the average idiot sportsfan, a masculine woman is considered a positive when it comes to athletics. The opposite is not true.

I'm pretty sure feminine female athletes have more of a following than masculine ones. Griner is an exception. Check out the next two picks in the WNBA draft. Most men would rather follow them.

This comes as a huge surprise. My guess is well over half of women college basketball players are lesbian...and a very large percentage of the female coaches. I remember talking to women's coaches about the difficult dynamics it creates. They have to deal with teammates sleeping together on the road, lovers quarrels, all sorts of difficult situations. Much more difficult to be a women's college coach than a mens coach.

This brings the question as to whether sexual orientation is purely biology or at least partially a matter of socialization.

This comes as a huge surprise. My guess is well over half of women college basketball players are lesbian...and a very large percentage of the female coaches. I remember talking to women's coaches about the difficult dynamics it creates. They have to deal with teammates sleeping together on the road, lovers quarrels, all sorts of difficult situations. Much more difficult to be a women's college coach than a mens coach.

sure, except no one gives a shit about the team

sure, except no one gives a shit about the team

I was just thinking that I don't remember knowing or caring if any of the women on the team when I was there were lesbians or not.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if this fits into the culture. Obvious Jen Averill is a lesbian but Wellman didn't hire her and a firing would definitely be looked at as discrimination.

Have we had any out gay or lesbian athletes?

I'm pretty sure feminine female athletes have more of a following than masculine ones. Griner is an exception. Check out the next two picks in the WNBA draft. Most men would rather follow them.

fwiw della donne is apparently gay too

Damn. That sucks. Surely science can come up with a way to birth a kid with her and Griner's genes.

has to be a wake forest kid to compete with Shelden William's and Candace Parker's spawn

Last edited:
then again, there's a 50/50 chance that it could be a girl so not sure how that would help us

Candice Parker.

Shame she settled for him. He's one of the ugliest dudes in the league and she's one of the hottest in the WNBA.

Candice Parker.

Shame she settled for him. He's one of the ugliest dudes in the league and she's one of the hottest in the WNBA.

we need to have an all acc ugly team thread. captain is my boy sam cassell.

elena delle donne apparently is an awful neighbor:

Untitled9.png

I was just thinking that I don't remember knowing or caring if any of the women on the team when I was there were lesbians or not.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if this fits into the culture. Obvious Jen Averill is a lesbian but Wellman didn't hire her and a firing would definitely be looked at as discrimination.

Have we had any out gay or lesbian athletes?
Openly out from our major sports? Not that I can think of.

One of our basketball players in the past few years was gay and had a hidden relationship with another athlete in a non-revenue sport.

One of our basketball players in the past few years was gay and had a hidden relationship with another athlete in a non-revenue sport.

Corinne Groves comes to mind.

Any sport, not just major.

Are you saying a men's basketball player in the last few years?

Back