• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bruce Springsteen Cancels Greensboro Concert

Dale Junior pours a lot of behind the scenes money into progressive politicians and platforms. He will get it straightened out before the 600. Sweet Mikey and Jeff Gordon are the same way. People don't realize but CLT/NC is also a mini Hollywood with lots of movie stars and filming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandi Carlisle, who is gay, will not cancel NC shows.

There are people who are still ambivalent to social media and the news. Dozens showed up today for the cancelled concert with no idea of what happened.

The NBA has issued a 30 day deadline for NC to repeal the law, or they will move the 2017 All Star Game. That may be enough to end this.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that was a hoax story, assuming it's the same one that the Charlotte Observer said was fake.

Blame my wife, then... she told me about the story and said she saw it on abc news. Should have vetted it, I guess.

I doubt any sports league makes a hard stance. They all have fans, players, owners on both sides of the issue.

Also this would again punish Charlotte for what was used to punish them.

Are there any LPGA events coming up in NC? I'd be more concerned about them.

This weekend, I was talking with a colleague who is a leader in our Southern regional organization. They try to avoid scheduling meetings in cities and states with discriminatory policies. We had a near miss with our upcoming Atlanta meeting. Charlotte is off the table. We are slated for Greenville, SC next year. Other Southern states are lining up. She said we are starting to run out of locations.

It was mentioned in this article:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article70867152.html

Would be nice if Charlotte was added to the rotation.

It's kinda like the southern states decided since they can't secede again, they'll just be so shitty that people won't want to come to them anyway.

We don't need your northern carpet bagger money anyway! I won't hide my rebel pride!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

To be fair, you can't call the bathroom law a discriminatory law and then say Title IX simply demands equality. That's comparing what the law says in one case (Title IX) to what the law does in another (bathroom law). None of these laws actually discriminate on their face, it's that their consequences discriminate against a certain group.

Title IX - law says you must have equal numbers - ends up benefiting women and hurting men
AA - law says it is acceptable to consider minority status among other factors in applications - ends up benefiting minority candidates and hurting non-minority candidates
Bathroom Law - law says everyone must use the bathroom on his or her birth certificate - ends up hurting transgender bathroom users

I have not read this whole thread but just wanted to point out that the bolded is not what the law says. It simply says that for a public establishment to maintain bathroom rules that require bathroom users to use the bathroom according to their biological sex is not discriminatory. Note that the law does not say that such establishments must have such a rule. Establishments are free to establish rules that allow people to use whatever bathroom they choose.

I have not read this whole thread but just wanted to point out that the bolded is not what the law says. It simply says that for a public establishment to maintain bathroom rules that require bathroom users to use the bathroom according to their biological sex is not discriminatory. Note that the law does not say that such establishments must have such a rule. Establishments are free to establish rules that allow people to use whatever bathroom they choose.

Except, of course, if it is a public building or school. They get no choice.

I'm not sure it really matters too much what the law says at this point. In its current form it is doing damage. So the state needs to pour a lot of effort into controlling that damage, whatever form that takes...other than just being defensive and whining about the big bad media.

Back