• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Crawford

Deacsfan27

Reaction score
Has been really, really good the past two weeks. 31 assists to 8 turnovers.

Still taking a lot of shots, but more are in the flow of the offense. He didn't try to do too much yesterday and get caught up in the 1v1 battle with Smith, Jr. Also, Smith, Jr. got by him a few times, but overall I think he did well in the first half before letting Mitch and Chill (who is already an outstanding on-ball defender) take over a bit in the second half.

He is a huge reason as to why we won yesterday, and have won 3/5.

Another key reason not mentioned is the great defense Arians played on Rowan the entire game.

BC has really elevated his game. Potential was always there. He is driving more to the basket and opening up the whole court for our much improved 3 point shooters. I was unaware of the excellent defense played by Arians. Thanks for pointing that out.

Bryant needs to take 10-16 shots per game for our offense to work at peak proficiency. By being a threat every time down the court, he draws defenders and creates open space. Now that we have shooters and have learned the hockey pass, his driving is more effective.

Yesterday, he did a really good job on Smith. He even got him out of the game in the first half with fouls. Smith only scored six points in the first half. Bryant isn't close to being in Smith's league, but he made him work on both ends of the court.

Some of Bryant's drives that appear to be bad shots are really attempts to draw fouls or passes. A perfect example of this was the crazy looking lefty lay-up against Miami. He was trying to set-up a lob to Doral, but the big guy didn't get it. Bryant had three options at that point; take the shot and look bad;throw the lob and have Doral commit an offensive foul climbing over the guy's back or throwing the lob past Doral and start a live ball fastbreak for the opposition.

BC has really elevated his game. Potential was always there. He is driving more to the basket and opening up the whole court for our much improved 3 point shooters. I was unaware of the excellent defense played by Arians. Thanks for pointing that out.

Arians made some nice hustle plays that didn't show up on the scorecard when tipped balls or took away passing lanes.

Agree with OP. Crawford his really improved. Kudos to him and the staff.

Crawford's assist-to-turnover ratio is one of the key indicators as to whether this team wins or loses. When he protects the ball, our chances of winning increase dramatically. I checked the stats post game, and I think he had 6 assists to 1 turnover yesterday. His play is a big reason we've put up 96 and 93 points this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget about Mitchell Wilbekin, either. He earned his criticism in 2016, but he's been damn good over the last two games.

Yep. Team shaping up to be a tournament team and looks to be improving as the season goes on. Solid guard play from BC, with Wilbekin and Childress coming along. Woods is showing that he's a leader on this team and is also a damn good player in his own right. Collins gives us a ridiculous inside presence and Moore is showing that he can chip in meaningful minutes against top-tier ACC competition, at least in spurts. Three point threats prevent teams from just totally collapsing on Collins inside, and BC's ability to get down the lane really forces defenses to make tough decisions.

There's a reason this is a top 15 offense. Long way to go, but I don't see why Wake couldn't spring an upset or two if they make the tournament and get hot offensively.

Crawford's assist-to-turnover ratio is one of the key indicators as to whether this team wins or loses. When he protects the ball, our chances of winning increase dramatically. I checked the stats post game, and I think he had 6 assists to 1 turnover yesterday. His play is a big reason we've put up 96 and 93 points this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crawford had 7 turnovers at FSU and 5 turnovers vs. Clemson. He's had 8 in the 5 games since. 31:8 ast:to in the last 5 games.

Don't forget about Mitchell Wilbekin, either. He earned his criticism in 2016, but he's been damn good over the last two games.

Wilbekin is shooting 3-18 inside the arc and 13-30 from deep in conference play.

Pretty sure all 3 of those MW 2PMs were just long 2 jump shots right inside the arc. He's been shooting well for a over a month but Danny should forbid him from driving.

I mentioned at the game how excited Arians had to be to have a guy to guard who was as slow as he was.

Yep. Team shaping up to be a tournament team and looks to be improving as the season goes on. Solid guard play from BC, with Wilbekin and Childress coming along. Woods is showing that he's a leader on this team and is also a damn good player in his own right. Collins gives us a ridiculous inside presence and Moore is showing that he can chip in meaningful minutes against top-tier ACC competition, at least in spurts. Three point threats prevent teams from just totally collapsing on Collins inside, and BC's ability to get down the lane really forces defenses to make tough decisions.

There's a reason this is a top 15 offense. Long way to go, but I don't see why Wake couldn't spring an upset or two if they make the tournament and get hot offensively.

Seth Greenberg mentioned yesterday that a quality Tournament team needs to have a good PG, preferably two, a deadeye shooter, and a reliable post-scorer. We've got those basics. Crawford is playing well. Childress is coming on. Every single player in our backcourt rotation is averaging at least one 3-pointer a game in conference. Collins is obviously doing his thing. But Dinos is .500 inside the arc as well (17-34).

Wilbekin is who he is at this point, but his D on the breakaway layup, selling the foul on the inbounds play enough to at least get Luckie to make the wrong call/kinda right result, and 4 key free throws down the stretch all helped us win that game down the stretch.

Seth Greenberg mentioned yesterday that a quality Tournament team needs to have a good PG, preferably two, a deadeye shooter, and a reliable post-scorer. We've got those basics. Crawford is playing well. Childress is coming on. Every single player in our backcourt rotation is averaging at least one 3-pointer a game in conference. Collins is obviously doing his thing. But Dinos is .500 inside the arc as well (17-34).

What does Seth know about making the tournament? 😂

Manning deserves credit for finding an 8-man rotation and sticking to it. I'd quibble with his allocation of minutes among those 8 but even that is trending in the right direction.

Sure. He did what we've been saying he needed to do since he got here.

Wilbekin is who he is at this point, but his D on the breakaway layup, selling the foul on the inbounds play enough to at least get Luckie to make the wrong call/kinda right result, and 4 key free throws down the stretch all helped us win that game down the stretch.

Stated differently from a recruiting perspective, Wilbekin is what we should expect from consensus 3-star recruits in the ACC.

The whole team seems to be settling down and understanding their roles. With the emergence of Woods as an overall scorer, and now that Mitch and Chill are making some plays, it has taken a lot of pressure off of Bryant to do it all himself. That's helping the game slow down for him and allowing him to maximize his skillzzzz

Back