• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Crawford

Not to be forgotten that we have an improved stretch 4 and one of the most efficient big men in th country. Loving the balance!

Seth Greenberg mentioned yesterday that a quality Tournament team needs to have a good PG, preferably two, a deadeye shooter, and a reliable post-scorer. We've got those basics. Crawford is playing well. Childress is coming on. Every single player in our backcourt rotation is averaging at least one 3-pointer a game in conference. Collins is obviously doing his thing. But Dinos is .500 inside the arc as well (17-34).

When I think of former coaches who know all about what makes a good tournament team, I think of Seth Greenberg.

Sure. He did what we've been saying he needed to do since he got here.

Right, he reduced Brandon Childress to 4 minutes a game because he doesn't help the team and he gave Dinos 30+ minutes. He also increased the starters all to 33+ minutes. Oh wait, he didn't do any of that and the minutes were actually distributed almost exactly how they were against Villanova outside of a couple foul issues.

McClinton will still get run when Arians gets someone too athletic for him to cover, SJM when we're in foul trouble. What's changed exactly? The mythical minutes for Trent Van Horn?

To be fair, I've criticized Manning for being stubborn, and I was wrong on Wilbekin's minutes and on Doral's expected improvement this year. We could also lose out, so who knows. But Childress really did struggle for a while and Crawford clearly had hero-ball still embedded in his game from last year, and sticking with Childress has helped Crawford a lot. Our offense also has added a bunch of wrinkles over the past 4 games - off-ball screens, the double screen set, we have 2 looks against zones now depending on who we put at the free throw line (Dinos or Arians). It feels like building, not like we're just hoping some decent players can be a top half ACC team when they're all seniors.

Has been really, really good the past two weeks. 31 assists to 8 turnovers.

Still taking a lot of shots, but more are in the flow of the offense. He didn't try to do too much yesterday and get caught up in the 1v1 battle with Smith, Jr. Also, Smith, Jr. got by him a few times, but overall I think he did well in the first half before letting Mitch and Chill (who is already an outstanding on-ball defender) take over a bit in the second half.

He is a huge reason as to why we won yesterday, and have won 3/5.

Yeah, as I mentioned in the Woods/Miami thread, if BC can keep trotting out nice looking A/TO numbers (8/2 MIA and 6/1 NCST), then that really sets the table for us to play winning ball.

I also still do some head scratching on the rotation minutes, Woods was as hot as anyone yesterday and Manning takes him out at the 5minute mark.

Best take away from this game is that we won (and were in control for most of the 2nd half) while not having a good 3PT night (6-22). I was beginning to worry that we were basically just going to win or lose this year depending on whether we could shoot 40% from 3.

Encouraging. That Clempsun loss continues to sting. We hold them off and we are right in the thick of it now.

Did anyone else feel like we missed a ton of mid-range shots in this game as well - especially in the first half? It seemed like we had a really good plan to attack the zone and threw a lot of passes to guys around the free-throw line or the elbow - it seems like over and over guys caught the ball there, were open, turned and took very comfortable looking 15 foot jumpers that did not go in. Every time they shot it I felt like it was going in and every time it missed... And it wasn't just one guy missing them - it was at least 2 or 3 different players. I thought we would have been in much better control of the game if we had made those shots.

Yeah, as I mentioned in the Woods/Miami thread, if BC can keep trotting out nice looking A/TO numbers (8/2 MIA and 6/1 NCST), then that really sets the table for us to play winning ball.

I also still do some head scratching on the rotation minutes, Woods was as hot as anyone yesterday and Manning takes him out at the 5minute mark.

Best take away from this game is that we won (and were in control for most of the 2nd half) while not having a good 3PT night (6-22). I was beginning to worry that we were basically just going to win or lose this year depending on whether we could shoot 40% from 3.

Encouraging. That Clempsun loss continues to sting. We hold them off and we are right in the thick of it now.

Also encouraging that it didn't derail our season the way the UVA game did last year.

Did anyone else feel like we missed a ton of mid-range shots in this game as well - especially in the first half? It seemed like we had a really good plan to attack the zone and threw a lot of passes to guys around the free-throw line or the elbow - it seems like over and over guys caught the ball there, were open, turned and took very comfortable looking 15 foot jumpers that did not go in. Every time they shot it I felt like it was going in and every time it missed... And it wasn't just one guy missing them - it was at least 2 or 3 different players. I thought we would have been in much better control of the game if we had made those shots.

I know this sounds weak, but that rim was unbelievably tight and loud. There were several shots that were 3/4 of the way down that came back out. As I told a buddy during the game, that rim reminded me of the ones you shoot at to win prizes at fairs and carnivals.

I know this sounds weak, but that rim was unbelievably tight and loud. There were several shots that were 3/4 of the way down that came back out. As I told a buddy during the game, that rim reminded me of the ones you shoot at to win prizes at fairs and carnivals.

Not saying you're wrong, but Wake shot 42.5% from the field in the first half and 42.9% in the second half. An identical 3-11 (27.3%) from three in each half. Taking out the threes, Wake shot 48.3% from two in the first half and 52.9% in the second.

On the other hand, NC State shot 65.5% from the field in the first and 40% in the second. Actually better from 3 (12.5% to 27.8%). But way worse from 2 (85.7% to 52.9%). Maybe rims, maybe defensive adjustments, maybe Abu remembering he wasn't Durant.

Back