• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryce Harper Is As Advertised

Guess so. You missed out on something special.

Sort by xFIP

I'm an advanced metrics guy, but to cite xfip based on 68 innings to prove that Strasburg is better than Halladay, King Felix, Cliff Lee, and Lincecum is kinda silly.

From what I am hearing they would like to keep him at low A until at least early June (their all-star game) and then bring him up to Potomac.

Thanks. Potomac will be back in W-S the fourth weekend in July. Guess I might have to wait to see him then!

Yawn - haters gonna hate. The only reason to watch the video is that sweet 'stache Harper is rockin - he's going to be giving La Flama Blanca a run for his money soon if he keeps growing it out.

Thinking there's probably more to the story here. Pitcher and Harper probably have some bad blood somewhere along the line. Not saying I agree with that Harper did at all, but it might explain it a little more.

Gonna be a lot more to it when he gets one in the earhole or ribs.

Mike Schmidt:

"I hate to bring this into it, but I would think at some point the game itself, the competition on the field, is going to have to figure out a way to police this young man," Schmidt said. "If indeed his manager won't, the game will end up taking care of it."

TwentyONE said:
This will not be the last time something like that happens.

No way. I'm totally shocked something like this happened again.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this will not be the last time something like this happens.

Here's an even better article about how he's going to be the next Barry Bonds in terms of you either love him or hate him. Plus it dissects the 'stache.

I know know what it feels like to be from Shittsburg and try to defend Sydney Crosby.

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2011/6/7/2211608/bryce-harper-kiss-washington-nationals-news

"Remember what it was like before he came up, when your day was filled with thoughts of John Lackey and Wilson Valdez."

OK, I want to know how many of you have days filled with thoughts of Wilson Valdez.

These old school baseball rules are stupid to me. The pitcher was yapping at Harper... what did he expect? Either don't give up a HR or STFU if you don't want Harper mocking you.

I don't see how anyone is going to like this guy if he's not playing for your team. Complete prick.

With the game scoreless in the sixth inning, Harper hit a home run to right-center field and took a few seconds to admire his handiwork from the batters' box before slowly tossing his bat aside and heading to first.

Greensboro pitcher Zachary Neal apparently didn't care for Harper's display and let Harper know how he felt as he rounded the bases, according to media reports. Harper replied by puckering up in Neal's direction as he reached home plate.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6634378

These old school baseball rules are stupid to me. The pitcher was yapping at Harper... what did he expect? Either don't give up a HR or STFU if you don't want Harper mocking you.

He posed like a douche. The pitcher jawed. He showed his ass. He's an idiot. He'll learn.

bullets would love bryce harper.

Buckets himself loves Bryce. Zachary Neal is a pussy that should be happy he was given the honor of giving up a homerun to Harper, probably going to be the highlight of his career.

Bryce should take some dance lessons in the offseason. When he gets to the bigs, some pitchers will make him dance just to see him do it.

Back