• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Build your own best Wake Forest Football Offense from 2013 to Present

TimmyClutch

Reaction score
You are the selection committee. Pick 1 of each of the following, QB, RB, Tall WR, Short WR, to form your ideal Wake Forest Offense.

QBs:
Hartman
Newman
Wolford

RBs:
T. Carney
C. Carney
Coburn
Cooley
Turner
Claiborne
CBS
(I am leaving out KW3, because that's too easy)

Tall WR:
AT Perry
Scotty Washington
Sage Surratt
Roberson
Serigne
D. Greene
Banks

Short WR:
Dortch
Camp
Bachman
Morin
Tabari
K. Williams
Hinton

Feel free to add someone else if you so desire.

Wolford, Coburn (most upside I think), AT (tough call against a healthy Surratt), Dortch (multiple good choices, but can't go against Dortch)

Reactions: WRS
Wolford, Coburn (most upside I think), AT (tough call against a healthy Surratt), Dortch (multiple good choices, but can't go against Dortch)
i think this is right

assumes each at their peak

could see a case for Sage over AT and Camp over Dortch

Reactions: WRS
Also in on the Wolford/Colburn/Perry/Dortch lineup.

I think RB has to be Colburn, he put up 904 yards on 5.4 yards per carry in 2017, which is definitely the best RB season from that list.

I also think slot WR has to be Dortch, over 1000 yards on 12.1 yards per catch in 2018.

Outside WR is a little bit interesting, but again Perry had the best production and did it over two seasons (2021/2022). I think you can make an argument for Surratt or Greene here though if you wanted to.

QB is what it is, both Wolford and Hartman put up crazy numbers at times and I'd be fine with peak production from either of them.

Wolford/Colburn/Surratt/Dortch

Only one I really debated about was Sage over AT - that was a complete toss up and if you asked me the same thing on 20 different days, I’d probably say Sage 10 times and AT 10 times.

QB: Wolford

RBs: Colburn

Tall WR: AT Perry

Short WR: Dortch

You are the selection committee. Pick 1 of each of the following, QB, RB, Tall WR, Short WR, to form your ideal Wake Forest Offense.

QBs:
Hartman
Newman
Wolford

RBs:
T. Carney
C. Carney
Coburn
Cooley
Turner
Claiborne
CBS
(I am leaving out KW3, because that's too easy)

Tall WR:
AT Perry
Scotty Washington
Sage Surratt
Roberson
Serigne
D. Greene
Banks

Short WR:
Dortch
Camp
Bachman
Morin
Tabari
K. Williams
Hinton

Feel free to add someone else if you so desire.
Probably not fair to Serigne to group him in Tall WR with that group. I know he split out some, but he was a TE and a given he'd be the choice if a TE category.

I'll break the trend:

Newman - Cooley - AT - Dortch

Tempted to even go Bachman at short WR in my bludgeon/deep ball offense. I love me some Cooley and can't believe how badly he was mismanaged as quite obviously the best RB in that trio.

Mine is QB: Wolford, RB: Colburn/Claiborne, WR: Perry, WR: Dortch

Also, Serigne was a TE and Camp's last season was 2013.

Camp's last season was 2013, more than 10 years ago.

Mine is QB: Wolford, RB: Colburn/Claiborne, WR: Perry, WR: Dortch

Also, Serigne was a TE and Camp's last season was 2013.
I didn't think there was enough competition for a TE category. Whiteheart and Chapman were fine, but I didn't think anyone would pick them over Serigne. Serigne was such a weapon, that I thought he would be pretty competitive with the other big pass catchers (which is what I guess I should have named the group).

Thats why I did it 2013-2023, and not just of the Clawson era. I really wanted to include Camp because I wanted to see the Camp vs. Dortch debate.

I'll break the trend:

Newman - Cooley - AT - Dortch

Tempted to even go Bachman at short WR in my bludgeon/deep ball offense. I love me some Cooley and can't believe how badly he was mismanaged as quite obviously the best RB in that trio.
You can make an argument that Cooley was the best Wake RB in 2022, sure. But to call him the best RB out of all the peak season RBs on this list is a gigantic stretch IMO

You can make an argument that Cooley was the best Wake RB in 2022, sure. But to call him the best RB out of all the peak season RBs on this list is a gigantic stretch IMO
The question was to form my ideal Wake offense, not pick best RB stats/seasons.

I think Cooley is/was the best battering ram on the list (yes, more than the Carney bros), with adequate quicks/pass catching ability. Cooley + Newman are never losing yards on the ground.

I didn't think there was enough competition for a TE category. Whiteheart and Chapman were fine, but I didn't think anyone would pick them over Serigne. Serigne was such a weapon, that I thought he would be pretty competitive with the other big pass catchers (which is what I guess I should have named the group).

Thats why I did it 2013-2023, and not just of the Clawson era. I really wanted to include Camp because I wanted to see the Camp vs. Dortch debate.
That's 11 seasons.

The question was to form my ideal Wake offense, not pick best RB stats/seasons.

I think Cooley is/was the best battering ram on the list (yes, more than the Carney bros), with adequate quicks/pass catching ability. Cooley + Newman are never losing yards on the ground.
Fair enough, it's your team you can pick what you want.

Curious what you think Cooley offers that peak Cade Carney wasn't able to do better though. Cade played through a million injuries at Wake, but when he was healthy he was absolutely your prototypical battering ram type of RB and did it as a focal point of the offense unlike Cooley who was just a change of pace RB.

Back