• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

Our government should no longer allow Fox to operate as a News Organization. Make them call themselves an opinion group, or some other shit.

Why are they never held accountable?

Welcome Fox News, explain where he stated they weren’t allow to say what they wanted to say but instead they should no longer be called news and if they do want to cling to the idea that they are news then maybe be regulated by something like I don’t know the fairness doctrine.

Fairness Doctrine would have no impact on Fox News. Fairness Doctrine only dealt with over the air broadcasters (radio and television) not cable or satellite networks.

Fairness Doctrine would have no impact on Fox News. Fairness Doctrine only dealt with over the air broadcasters (radio and television) not cable or satellite networks.

Just like with the 2nd Amendment, we should not ever change laws or update policy based on new technology.

Yeah notice how it said like the fairness doctrine, kind of need to update things since well its 2020 and we have all kinds of "news" mediums.

Fairness Doctrine has been gone since 1987. If you want to say the end of the FD gave rise to Rush and the rest of conservative radio, I would agree.

If you want to say that the public should hold Fox News accountable, I would agree. As a practicing journalist, I CANNOT agree to what MD4Prez says.."Our government should no longer allow Fox to operate as a News Organization. Make them call themselves an opinion group, or some other shit."

The word GOVERNMENT makes this wholly unacceptable to me.

We have a 141 page thread here trying to hold Fox News accountable. Half of twitter tries to do the same. The free market and Murdock's money keep Fox News on your cable dial. Keep calling them out. But please don't say the United States government has to do it.

If trump doesn't get to debate or hold magat rallys he can't win. Its science. He's canceled by the coronaDemocrats. Despicable.

I hate Trump and will assuredly vote for Biden but I think the idea of Biden not debating is a horrible idea. The whole premise of Biden's candidacy is restoring presidential norms. You don't achieve that by refusing to abide by the 3-debate tradition that has been the norm for decades.

LOL at Mich believing Fox News.

Biden is absolutely going to debate -- but I can see Trump trying to get out of them.

I have seen people say that Biden shouldn't debate, which is what I am assuming that segment and Mich were talking about, but there's no way Biden backs out.

The big question is how Biden should debate. Ignore Trump? Fact check him? Ask the questions moderators won’t? Call out the scandals?

The big question is how Biden should debate. Ignore Trump? Fact check him? Ask the questions moderators won’t? Call out the scandals?

All legit techniques. He could have two lists. 1 - the scandals list everyone working for him who has been convicted of crimes. 2 - questions he can't or won't answer. Just let him flounder.

Hell just troll him all night to pass him off. "Why were you so scared of hillary?" "Why did the Chinese grant Ivanka pardons? Who paid kushner's 666 bldg load? How much money do you have tied up in Deutche bank?

Sprinkle in his failed business when he calls him sleepy Joe or some nickname. "Got anymore steaks left?" "My campaign is looking for a new airline to partner with? Any thoughts? Probably shouldn't be one thats bankrupt.
Your son is crooked sleepy Joe! <cough>trump University <cough>

I think Biden needs to just say Trump is lying or is wrong. Things like:

Trump: We had the best China virus response on the planet, more testing than anyone and we opened our economy before anyone thought we could --

Biden (interrupting): That's a bunch of malarkey and there isn't a shred of proof to back it up. You denied it was a problem, said it would go away and went to the golf course.

Hillary tried to out qualify Trump and show the audience the massive difference in intelligence and preparedness between her and Trump. Trump just called her names and lied repeatedly. Biden's debate prep should be far less about practicing talking point and policy positions and far more about rehearsing quips and insults.

Back