• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

He gets about 3 likes per article. Comedy is going to be ok, man. Giving you a virtual 輸!

Just like how every bullshit OANN conspiracy theory somehow eventually spreads like wildfire, as do cancel cultures flames. There's an entire group of people who are addicted to finding things to be upset about from 20 years ago. You seemed to support it or be all like "fuck people who care about cancel culture" but once you go down the rabbit hole of these folks..... they're literally the worst. It's like if MDMH ended up with 500,000 views for every grievance he had.

273k views

Last edited:
I think you spend too much time on Twitter.

And/or you are friends with some unfunny hacky comedians who are pissed they got called out for bad jokes.

I think you spend too much time on Twitter.

And/or you are friends with some unfunny hacky comedians who are pissed they got called out for bad jokes.

Do we really want comedians worrying about the effects of one bad joke? I don't.

Do we really want comedians worrying about the effects of one bad joke? I don't.

If they’re getting cancelled over one bad joke, they’re not that funny to begin with.

Richards was cancelled before cancelling people was cool. I just can't take anyone worried about cancel culture seriously.

At least Palma is consistent, considering he is so worried about cancel culture he changed his board name.

If they’re getting cancelled over one bad joke, they’re not that funny to begin with.

I think the point here being that most everyone is expendable in the industry until SNL makes them a star. SNL is the lottery ticket. So having someone being cancelled a day after he was picked to join SNL is just brutal. He was cancelled for lamenting a waiters' poor english at chinese restaurants in I guess what was a bit he was doing on a podcast he was on. It wasn't terribly funny, and a bit insensitive to some, but we aren't talking Michael Richards type stuff here. Then he got the "dude sounds like joe rogan, must be a MAGA asshole" treatment, and got fired from SNL before he even started. I haven't seen alot of his stuff, but what I've seen is pretty good

I’m no comedian, even though I’m consistently hilarious on here and you’d be forgiven from thinking I am, but I am a fan of Anthony Jeselnik. He seems like a good test case based on the types of jokes he tells. Of course, there are tons of angry losers calling for his head all the time, but he sure as hell is not being cancelled for those jokes. So it’s hard to believe there’s a cancel culture issue within the comedy world.

However, I’d say about 50% of people are over sensitive snowflakes for one reason or another.

I think it’s hard to take anyone seriously who uses the word snowflake to describe people. Might as well be making videos from the driver seat if your truck while wearing Oakleys.

It’s a Tahoe and I wear Raybans. And I use that word somewhat ironically. The maga morons you’re referring to are themselves the biggest snowflakes, and I enjoy turning that around on them.

I’m no comedian, even though I’m consistently hilarious on here and you’d be forgiven from thinking I am, but I am a fan of Anthony Jeselnik. He seems like a good test case based on the types of jokes he tells. Of course, there are tons of angry losers calling for his head all the time, but he sure as hell is not being cancelled for those jokes. So it’s hard to believe there’s a cancel culture issue within the comedy world.

However, I’d say about 50% of people are over sensitive snowflakes for one reason or another.

If anyone should have been permanently cancelled in the comedy world it's C.K. and that dude is out there doing big shows with Chappelle and Sarah Silverman and making fun of the allegations against him. This is just a made up thing.

To my point above.

Louis CK is a great comedian who can survive doing such bad shit because he’s that damn good at his craft.

Aziz is working on a new season of Master of None too.

To be fair, Aziz didn't do anything wrong. Awkward as hell, but consensual.

Good news on Master of None though -- that show was great.

If anyone should have been permanently cancelled in the comedy world it's C.K. and that dude is out there doing big shows with Chappelle and Sarah Silverman and making fun of the allegations against him. This is just a made up thing.

giphy.gif

One 20 minute set in Yellow Springs Ohio is a "big show"? Louis CK has been cancelled or punished fairly hard, you can rest easy.

Shit behavior aside, I really, really miss Louis C.K. standup. Dude was an absolute genius in his prime.

One 20 minute set in Yellow Springs Ohio is a "big show"? Louis CK has been cancelled or punished fairly hard, you can rest easy.

He admitted to the conduct in mid-2017, and has been doing shows again since 2018. This is a dumb argument. Your point still stands.

Back