• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

Gen X are going to be a handful. At least there are fewer of them than the awful, awful boomers.

Meh. Gen X has been a great generation in terms of athletics and entertainment but we’ve largely avoided politics and ceded leadership to boomers.

As a member of Gen X, I'd agree with this. We've produced some remarkable actors, directors, musicians, and especially athletes in various sports, but haven't shown much interest in politics or governance thus far. With the notable exceptions of Obama and Paul Ryan, American politics since 1992 has been dominated to an amazing extent by people born from 1940 to 1950 - both Clintons, Trump, Gingrich, Gore, Kerry, Romney, McConnell, Pelosi, Dubya and Jeb, Biden, and Sanders all came out of that decade.

Last edited:
Hasn’t every generation produced amazing actors, writers, athletes, etc.?

As a member of Gen X, I'd agree with this. We've produced some remarkable actors, directors, musicians, and especially athletes in various sports, but haven't shown much interest in politics or governance thus far. With the notable exceptions of Obama and Paul Ryan, American politics since 1992 has been dominated to an amazing extent by people born from 1940 to 1950 - both Clintons, Trump, Gingrich, Gore, Kerry, Romney, McConnell, Pelosi, Dubya and Jeb, Biden, and Sanders all came out of that decade.

Yep. White people who came of age during the Civil Rights era.

Complaints about Common Core are fueled by Gen Xers who were taught poorly in the 80s and 90s so they don’t understand what their kids are being taught today. It’s hilariously dumb and ignores 20-30 years of innovation in education. Meanwhile Republicans keep pushing accountability regimes that do little more than teach tests.

middle school education methods confusing to the common man: Dumb parents.
accounting disclosures in financial statements confusing to the common man: Clear examples of fraud.

Yep, gen x has avoided politics , except for that one guy who was a two term president and that other guy who was speaker of the house. Can’t wait til my generation finally gets some power.

Obama isn’t Gen X. He’s 57.

He was born in 1961 which is the beginning of generation x according to some , although others say 1964 or 1965, according Wikipedia. Whichever beginning date you choose though, Obama is hardly typical of a baby boomer and has much more in common with gen x.

He was born in 1961 which is the beginning of generation x according to some , although others say 1964 or 1965, according Wikipedia. Whichever beginning date you choose though, Obama is hardly typical of a baby boomer and has much more in common with gen x.

Gen X began after Obama, he's a late boomer by age. I mentioned Paul Ryan, who is clearly a Gen Xer. Other than Ryan, Gen X hasn't produced a clear major political leader, unless you count Sarah Palin (lol). Maybe they'll catch up as the Boomers retire or die off and Gen Xers start electing more people to leadership roles, but it seems pretty clear that they haven't gone into politics and leadership positions at the same rate as Boomers, at least not yet.

Meh. Gen X has been a great generation in terms of athletics and entertainment but we’ve largely avoided politics and ceded leadership to boomers.

Gen X is without a doubt the best generation sine the greatest one.

I can't think of a single amazing boomer musician.

odd that most of the great classic rock stuff is actually pre-boomer but here are a couple legit boomer age range (per Wiki's birth year of 1946-1966). YMMV

Sting
Elton John
Freddie Mercury
Billy Joel
Springsteen

odd that most of the great classic rock stuff is actually pre-boomer but here are a couple legit boomer age range (per Wiki's birth year of 1946-1966). YMMV

Sting
Elton John
Freddie Mercury
Billy Joel
Springsteen

I'm trying to trigger RJ here, let it ride for a few minutes and see what he comes up with.

Back