• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

I can't think of a single amazing boomer musician.

Duane Allman
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Brian May
Eddie VanHalen
Slash
Alex Liefson
David Gilmour

That's off the top of my head for guitarist using the arbitrary dates of 1946. If you use the war babies, you get the rest of the greatest rock musicians.

Duane Allman
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Brian May
Eddie VanHalen
Slash
Alex Liefson
David Gilmour

That's off the top of my head for guitarist using the arbitrary dates of 1946. If you use the war babies, you get the rest of the greatest rock musicians.

Pretty level headed response. Nice job.

Duane Allman
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Brian May
Eddie VanHalen
Slash
Alex Liefson
David Gilmour

Same, in addition or RJ’s list, just off the top of my head for the arbitrary 1946-1964 yers

Lindsey Buckinham
Bruce Springsteen
Bonnie Rait
Joe Walsh

Gen X took rap music from something to do a parties or on the street and turned it into a cultural and economic force.

Gen X actually took music from the prior generation and recycled and reused it for future generations. Then the Millennials (minus Kendrick) ruined it.

Last edited:
Jesus with the pansy-ass guitar players :rulz:

Stewart Copeland
Steve Gadd
Dave Garibaldi
Bill Kruetzman
Kenny Aranoff
Jaco Pastorius
Oteil Burbridge
Benmont Tench

Boomers don’t deserve Brian May. There’s gotta be some sort of British exception.

How come there aren't any millennials on top guitarist lists? Everyone from Jimi to Clapton to Duane Allman, etc. had established themselves in their 20s.

My bad, it's the boomers' fault that millennials aren't that creative...

How come there aren't any millennials on top guitarist lists? Everyone from Jimi to Clapton to Duane Allman, etc. had established themselves in their 20s.

My bad, it's the boomers' fault that millennials aren't that creative...

Lolol

I did a little research and was shocked to learn that even Lou Reed was not a boomer. But, boomers can claim David Bowie, All of U2, the Talking Heads, and Thurston Moore among their ranks. Gen X gets Kurt Cobain, Stone Godard, Slash, Dinosaur Jr., Ad Rock and Mike D (MCA was born in '64), Beck, Radiohead, etc.

Gen X took rap music from something to do a parties or on the street and turned it into a cultural and economic force.

Gen X actually took music from the prior generation and recycled and reused it for future generations. Then the Millennials (minus Kendrick) ruined it.

Has rap music been a net positive for the AA community?

Jesus with the pansy-ass guitar players :rulz:

Stewart Copeland
Steve Gadd
Dave Garibaldi
Bill Kruetzman
Kenny Aranoff
Jaco Pastorius
Oteil Burbridge
Benmont Tench

How about:

Neal Peart
Ketih Moon